10 Confidence-Boosting Books Every #Girlboss Should Read
Confidence can majorly help you with dating, hunting for a job (like when you’re applying for a job that seems like a stretch) or even with tackling personal goals, like solo travel. Though we all know it’s important to be confident, feelings of greatness can be pretty hard to muster when self-doubt or imposter syndrome creep in. Instead of giving into those feelings, we suggest pulling a power title off of your creative bookshelf to build yourself back up again. Scroll on for 10 reads that promise to remind you how much of a total #girlboss you really are — and then get out there and give your gifts and talents to the world.
1. You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero ($10): The title says it all: You’re a total bad ass. Know it and learn how to give yourself permission to forget your shortcomings while focusing on where you totally shine. Once you do, your life will become even more awesome.
2. The Confidence Code: The Science and Art of Self-Assurance — What Women Should Know by Katty Kay and Claire Shipman ($15): This book was written for women of all ages, at various stages of their career. Chock full of fantastic advice that encourages women to do much more than simply “lean in,” you’ll learn why and when confidence is most important, along with how to improve your confidence level.
3. The Confidence Gap: A Guide to Overcoming Fear and Self-Doubt by Dr. Russ Harris ($10): A book that suggests making a serious change in thinking, this page turner will encourage you to move closer to your fears in order to overcome them. Once you’ve done so, you’ll find that shyness and insecurity fall away. It has worked great for us so far!
4. The Ultimate Secrets of Total Self-Confidence by Dr. Robert Anthony ($8): Using celebs and star athletes as stellar examples, bestselling author Dr. Robert Anthony breaks down the secrets behind self-confidence and how you can use the same principles to excel at anything you’re working on.
5. Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges by Amy Cuddy ($15): Learn how to approach challenges with excitement, rather than dread. This straightforward read by Harvard professor Amy Cuddy will teach you how to tap into your personal power, along with how to summon it when you need it most.
6. The Achievement Habit by Barnard Roth ($13): Learning how to make achievement into a habit is bound to lead to success, which turns into more confidence. Start at the beginning, master the basics and you’ll be on your way to feeling great while making your dreams come true.
7. Design the Life You Love: A Step-by-Step Guide to Building a Meaningful Future by Ayse Birsel ($12): Confidence comes from a place of doing what you love and are good at, but it’s up to you to design a life where that’s possible. This easy-to-understand book will walk you through exactly how to do it from start to finish.
8. Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brené Brown ($13): Being courageous can make you confident, as you’re sure to feel a sense of pride and self-love after successfully doing the things you thought you couldn’t. A master of her craft, Brené Brown beautifully writes about how to be more vulnerable and summon up courage — two things that will ultimately make you stronger and more aware of how amazing you are.
9. Going Off Script: How I Survived a Crazy Childhood, Cancer, and Clooney’s 32 On-Screen Rejections by Giuliana Rancic ($12): There’s nothing like overcoming obstacles to instil resilience and confidence in a person. Former E! host Guiliana Rancic recounts some of her toughest challenges and tons of rejections — during which she NEVER gave up. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, so uses your obstacles as inspiration to be even more confident about what you know you can do well.
10. Strong Looks Better Naked by Khloé Kardashian ($13): She undoubtedly has the best revenge bod in the business, but the heart of Khloé’s book is what really gets us. Emphasizing the importance of personal evolution through her own experience, you’ll definitely be inspired to be your most confident and hardworking self.
Which books have helped you feel more confident? Show us a snapshot of your best shelfie or fave titles on Instagram @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Getty)