10 Cozy Baby Blankets You’ll Wish Came in Adult Size
Cuddling your kiddo like a little baby burrito keeps them warm, snug, and oh-so-happy when you hold them. But before you can snuggle up together you need one thing — the perfect baby blanket. What should you look for in the ultimate blanket? Start with softness: Your baby’s sensitive skin needs a blanket that’s delicate. Everything else, like the pattern and color, is up to you. Scroll on for 10 of the softest, coziest, cutest options out there.
1. Pottery Barn Kids Chamois Baby Blanket ($20+): It’s non-pilling, hypoallergenic, and cuddly to the max. This pick comes in lots of colors, and you can even personalize it with your baby’s name and birth date.
2. Crate & Kids Simply Soft Mint Baby Blanket ($34): “Simply soft” pretty much sums it up; not only does this one have a simply soft texture, but it also has a pale, soft hue to boot. The cool mint color coordinates with plenty of different styles — making a gender-neutral statement.
3. Coyuchi Cozy Cotton Baby Blanket ($128): A soft baby blanket doesn’t always have to be fuzzy. This subtly textured pick is made from organic cotton and comes in several colors, though they all feature a reversible white side. Pick from alpine white, charcoal, blush, or riverstone blue.
4. Aden + Anais Color Pop Classic Dream Blanket ($50): With four (yes, four!) layers of 100 percent cotton muslin, this blanket is, like the name says, a dream. Bonus: It comes in a ton of different patterns. Choose from dinosaurs, hot air balloons, trendy llamas, and so many more. There’s even a Dylan’s Candy Bar design!
5. Pendleton Glacier Sherpa Blanket ($60): The faux sherpa fleece softness of this baby blanket is fuzzy and warm galore, making it perfect for a cool-weather stroll or any other chilly day activity. This blanket isn’t just adorable — it’s charitable too! Part of the price of purchase goes to help fund National Park restoration projects.
6. Margaux & May Organic Muslin Swaddle Blanket ($28): Baby’s outer blanket layer doesn’t need to be plain. Featuring a creative, colorful design, this bold floral blanket is far from being overly cutesy. The soft cotton is comfy against baby’s skin, keeping them cozy and warm for a good ol’ cuddle.
7. Hope & Henry Layette Blanket ($23): Made with 100 percent organic cotton, this sweet, soft blanket is ideal for a crisp, cool day. The lightweight fabric is plush but not thick enough to make your little one sweat through the blanket. And don’t stress if baby… um, makes a bit of a mess, because this blanket is machine washable.
8. SonnenStrick Organic Cotton Baby Blanket ($38): The soft textured weave of this pick combines style and function. It’s made from GOTS Certified yarn and offers superior softness, while the subdued color options (it comes in green, gray, and white) coordinate perfectly with a woodlands- or jungle-themed nursery. But then again, the neutral palette pretty much matches everything!
9. Little Giraffe Luxe Baby Blanket ($86): The faux fur texture and satin border make this blanket a tactile dream for babies. It’s so cuddly, in fact, that you just may want to wrap yourself up in it too. There are seven colors to choose from, so you’re sure to find a hue that suits baby (and er, you).
10. Cloud Island Plush Velboa Baby Blanket ($15): One side has an adorable pattern, and the other side is simply plush. Durable and soft, this everyday blanket goes from your arms to the stroller to just about anywhere else. If you like what you see, this brand offers a variety of other styles and patterns, like hearts, flowers, and cute animals, to name a few.
What do you look for in a baby blanket? Tell us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.