12 Alternative Recipes to Cranberry Sauce That Still Go Great With Turkey
Year after year, traditional Thanksgiving dishes like stuffing, cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes steal the show. But sometimes it’s time to try new things. So whether you need to accommodate someone at your holiday table with an allergy or show your S.O.’s family how cool you are (it’s a work in progress), a little more color and flavor can be a welcome addition to any feast. That’s why this year, we’re adding some new dishes to our Thanksgiving spread — starting with sauces. So, move over, cranberry sauce! There are a few other new sauces in town. Try these sauces on your turkey, your sweet potatoes or hey, even on your Thanksgiving taco!
1. Tkemali Georgian Plum Sauce: It’s possible we’ve found a new contender for the title of top Thanksgiving sauce. Happy Kitchen Rocks says, “It’s almost as universal as ketchup.” (via Happy Kitchen Rocks)
2. Mixed Pear-Pepper Chutney: This very fall-tasting chutney, spiced with ground mustard, ginger powder and chili peppers, is the bee’s knees. Try it spooned over turkey and taters. (via Chili Pepper Madness)
8. Blueberry BBQ Sauce: The sweetness from blueberries and brown sugar and the kick from guajillo peppers makes this a finger-lickin’ good sauce that can’t be beat. Why didn’t we think of this sooner? (via Tastes Spicy)
9. Tomatoes With Dates and Green Chilli Chutney: If you are looking to spice things up, this Sri Lankan chutney really packs a punch for those who can take the heat. It’ll go great with turkey and *all* the side dishes. (via Island Smile)
11. Brandy Spiced Pear Compote: Pear isn’t just made for those delicious tarts. Case in point? This sweet pear sauce that makes a great autumnal addition to roasted root vegetables. (via Intentional Hospitality)
What non-traditional dish do you love to indulge in on Thanksgiving? Tell us in the comments!