Got Curls? You NEED to Follow These YouTubers
True talk: Life with curly hair is not always the spiral-y perfection we see all over Instagram and Tumblr. It can be frizzy, fluffy and downright frustrating, which we totally get. But don’t let that get you down — those curls were born to be rocked, girl! Get a healthy dose of hair-spiration from the best of YouTube’s curly haired gurus. Follow their lead and you’ll look fabulous every day.
1. AndreasChoice: When we found Andrea’s YouTube channel, we discovered the hair of our dreams. She’s got plenty of uploads, but one we’re all about is her DIY Frizzy Hair Fix. More than three million subscribers can’t be wrong, right?
2. TheCurlyStace: Got short, curly hair? We’ve got you a guru. Be sure to check her videos out, especially if your curls are cropped.
3. SunKissAlba: If you find that your hair is tough to manage in the winter, you need to tune in to SunKissAlba’s channel. She breaks down a method of keeping curls hydrated, even in colder temps. You’re welcome.
8. NaturallyCurly: The name says it all, folks. This channel goes over the do’s and don’ts of products for curly, kinky and wavy hair, so there’s plenty to check out if you need some guidance before heading to the beauty shop.
9. Beautycrush: These curls hail from across the pond! Though not a dedicated hair channel, there’s lots of styling happening on this gal’s page. Really, we’ll do whatever we need to do if it means we’ll get hair like this.
10. Aveda: Runway-worthy looks, textural techniques and in-depth looks at products are some of what you’ll find on Aveda’s page. We love their quick and easy how-to videos. Watch this before leaving the house and be ready to show the world that you’re #flawless.
What are your fave ways to get a dose of hair-spiration? Chat with us on Twitter!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)