This Summer Hair Trend Will Save You Serious Money at the Salon
While we always love a good monochromatic look, there’s nothing like adding some contrast into the mix, especially when it comes to your hair. With beach season in full swing (*almost*), you might be planning on touching up last season’s roots to match your soon-to-be sun-kissed beach hair. But we say cancel that hair appointment and embrace the darker tresses growing in, because this style will not only add dimension to your locks, but will save you some dough too — and that’s always a good thing in our books. See how these leading Instababes are embracing darker roots below.
1. Keep It Casual: Say ‘bye to your dye and embrace your darker roots like this fashion blogger. Opt for a messy middle part and matte pink lip for a cute and carefree weekend beauty look.
2. Wild Child: This larger-than-life hairstyle is sure to keep you cool on blistering summer afternoons. Contrast dark roots with a gorgeous caramel hue for a major statement.
3. #Teampixie: For a totally cool take on the trend, set your natural color against an unnatural rainbow hue. Chop it into a pixie for ultimate It-girl vibes.
4. West Coast Style: California is calling your name in the form of this super chill ‘do. Opt for an effortless look with minimal jewelry and a fresh, bare face.
5. Throwback Tresses: Bring the ’90s back with this all-encompassing killer beauty look. Really commit to the look by going for a grunge-tastic, roots-heavy hairstyle.
6. All-Day Bob: Score major brownie points for your daytime ensemble with a high-contrast ‘do. Throw in a third hue for extra intrigue.
7. Retro Bombshell: Don’t think the ombré trend is dead just yet. Rock the look with subtle blonde highlights that give way to darker roots, adding extra depth to an already sultry cut.
8. Beach Queen: If you’ll be too busy riding the waves to mess with your look, then these salty strands are the perfect way to style a low-maintenance ‘do.
9. Minimalistic Glam: Love your platinum blonde hair, but tired of the maintenance? This flawless style will instantly elevate your look from beach babe to girlboss.
Are you thinking of rocking this trend for summer? Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.