16 Sweet Dessert-Inspired Easter Egg Decorating Ideas
The hunt for the sweetest Easter egg decorations is over, folks. Dessert-inspired Easter eggs — think: donuts, ice cream, confetti- and candy-filled — make for adorable decorations and are way easier than those IRL make-ahead Easter desserts. They’ll satisfy your sweet tooth without the added sugar and pack quite the festive punch. Get ready to whip up those Cadbury Egg recipes, along with your grown-up DIY Easter basket, and make some of the cute and colorful eggs below. From chocolatey goodness to sprinkles galore, these 16 dessert-inspired eggs will make your Easter that much sweeter.
1. Donut Easter Eggs: Donuts are essential when you’re trying to kick the party up a notch. So when it comes to your Easter festivities, donut Easter eggs are no exception. Slap on some paint, draw on some sprinkles using markers and you’ve got yourself a dozen donut-y Easter eggs. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
2. Ice Cream Sundae Cone Easter Eggs: TBH, you might be tempted to dig into these delightful sundae Easter eggs. Though they might not be as tasty as the actual treat, they’ll look good enough to fool anyone! (via Studio DIY!)
3. Watermelon Easter Eggs: Pick up a few plastic Easter eggs in pink and green, swap out the bottom shell of the pink ones for green, and you’re halfway done with your watermelon eggs. Simply finish off the look by adding “seeds” using a black marker. (via Damask Love)
4. Ice Cream Cone Easter Eggs: How adorable are these ice cream cone Easter eggs? Brighten up your Easter decor with these *kawaii* eggs that are as enjoyable to make as they are cute. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
5. Sprinkle Easter Eggs: These Easter eggs covered in nonpareil sprinkles are just as fun as Easter eggs covered in glitter — but WITHOUT all the mess. In other words, they’re even better than glitter-covered eggs. (via Studio DIY!)
6. Gumball Machine Easter Eggs: Get those Easter egg decorations poppin’ with some gumball machine-inspired goodness. Not only do these gumball goodies bring up some good ol’ childhood reminiscing, but they’re as creative as creative gets. (via A Joyful Riot)
7. Donut Easter Eggs With Puffy Paint Sprinkles: Here’s another variation on those darling donut Easter eggs: Instead of painting on your sprinkles, make the donut toppings really *pop* with 3D puffy paint sprinkles. (via Brite & Bubbly)
8. Cupcake Easter Eggs: Nothing says dessert like cupcakes. To hop on this Easter egg dessert decoration, you’ll need large plastic eggs, treat cups, markers and small colored pom poms. For a cool party trick, make your eggs glow by filling each of your eggs with a battery-operated tea light candle like Pauline from Club Chica Circle did for hers. (via Club Chica Circle)
9. Cotton Candy Nests for Easter Eggs: Cotton candy is pretty much happiness in the form of a wispy, fun confectionery. So treat yourself and your guests to some cotton candy Easter egg nests filled with some more candy. They’re pretty much the *sweetest* things ever. (via Paper & Stitch)
10. Sprinkle Easter Eggs: Sprinkles are the new glitter, which means you’ll want to bust out a dozen Easter eggs inspired by the colorful condiment. Bring an array of bright colors to your Easter decorations by either using paint or markers to make itty bitty lines on your eggs for sprinkles. (via Let’s Mingle)
11. Confetti Easter Eggs: Edible. Confetti. Yeah, that’s a thing. Not only does it enhance your desserts when you sprinkle it over them, it makes for great Easter egg decor. Choose from polka dots, zig zags or even ombre if you’re up for the challenge. Get creative with your little confection! (via Posh Little Designs)
12. Homemade Marshmallow Easter Eggs: You won’t want to wait to sink your teeth into these soft, spongy marshmallow Easter eggs. Because they’re so easy to make, there’s no knowing how many you’ll make (and eat). (via Eat, Knit & DIY)
13. Peanut Butter Fudge Filled Chocolate Easter Egg Bunnies: Easter egg decorations aren’t complete without a couple bunnies thrown into the mix — especially ones filled with peanut butter fudge. Uh, YUM. Hop on these Easter egg bunnies that you’ll love to make and nibble on. (via Hungry Happenings)
14. Brownie-Filled Chocolate Easter Eggs: You’re in for a sugar explosion with this one. Whip up some egg-ceptional Easter eggs by filling them up with rich, fudgy brownies, frosting “grass” and egg-shaped Easter candy. You might want to limit these treats to one or two though if you plan to hand them out to young’uns. (via Oh Nuts!)
15. Fruit Easter Eggs: A bowl of fruity Easter eggs can be just as sweet as a batch of donut Easter eggs any day. If your ideal dessert is a slice of watermelon or some fresh strawberries, paint yourself some of these healthier dessert alternatives. (via Brit + Co)
16. Banana Split Easter Egg: Last but definitely not least are banana split Easter eggs. Sprinkles, drizzled chocolate, whipped cream and a cherry on top — you can’t ask for much more. They might take a little more time to DIY, but when the final product looks this good, it’s totally worth it. (via Dawn Nicole Designs)
Can’t get enough of these Easter eggs? Follow us on Pinterest for more Easter goodness!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)