You might use a tablespoon here and there for a vinaigrette, but for the most part, your jar of Dijon mustard probably goes unused until it’s time to clean your fridge out. Take a few notes from the ketchup bottle hacks you know and love and use the remnants to spice up your favorite weeknight meals. Below you’ll find 15 examples of how you can hack the bottom of your Dijon mustard jar to create meals your whole family will love.
1. Bacon Potato Salad: This mayo-free tater salad is perfect for a summer outdoor picnic. It’s bound together with an olive oil, red wine vinegar, and Dijon emulsion that pairs perfectly with the bacon, corn, and red onion. (via Averie Cooks)
2. Chuck Roast With Balsamic and Dijon: For those cold winters nights, Dijon can be used to spice up a hearty chuck roast and veg. Add as much or as little as you like to infuse your sauce with a peppery kick. (via The Wicked Noodle)
4. Dijon Chicken Pasta With Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Spinach: If you’re looking for a restaurant-quality meal that you can easily make at home, look no further than this Dijon chicken pasta. It’ll take you only 20 minutes, and the leftovers are killer. (via Frist Home Love Life)
6. Grilled Peach and Honey Dijon Chicken Salad With Goat Cheese and Pecans: Prep the grilled chicken and peaches at the beginning of the week and toss them with greens, goat cheese, red onion, and a sweet honey-Dijon dressing before chowing down. (via Closet Cooking)
7. Ham and Cheese Sliders: Chances are, the whole reason you have Dijon mustard and poppy seeds in the first place is thanks to these Pinterest-famous ham and cheese sliders. No matter what occasion you have, they’re a winner every time. (via Averie Cooks)
9. Maple Dijon Grilled Chicken: Eating the same plain grilled chicken can get boring really fast. Switch it up with a maple Dijon marinade that’ll keep your bird moist and flavorful. (via Simply Stacie)
11. Parmesan Crusted White Wine Dijon Salmon: Need a dinner party menu? Serve this tender Dijon salmon with rice pilaf and steamed veggies, and they’ll think it took way more effort than it did. (via The Cookie Rookie)
12. Rainbow Power Kale Salad With Peanut Dijon Dressing: Add Dijon mustard to peanut butter, olive oil, and maple syrup to make a luscious dressing to go with your kale salad. (via With Salt and Wit)
13. Roasted Cauliflower With Lemon Pepper and Fresh Thyme: Cauliflower rice and pizza crust are great and all, but sometimes classic roasted florets are where it’s at. To add some kick, dip the finished product in a creamy Dijon sauce. (via Foodness Gracious)
15. Chili Dijon Pork Tenderloin: Throw some fingerling potatoes and haricot vert on a spicy chili Dijon pork tenderloin mid-roasting to get dinner on the table at the same time. (via Carlsbad Cravings)
Follow us on Pinterest for more helpful kitchen hacks!