Update Your Old Tee and Dress Like a French Girl
Back-to-school is just around the corner, but we can’t stop dreaming about vacations and trips to Europe. Just close your eyes for a minute and imagine walking the French boulevards, sipping a café crème in a tiny café or simply being inspired by French girls’ sophisticated style. Isn’t it exciting? Unfortunately, we can’t take you all to France, but what we can do is give you the easiest way to dress like a French girl in less than 15 minutes.
Materials and Tools:
— neckline template
— old long-sleeve tee
— matching thread
— sewing machine
— tailor’s chalk
— fabric scissors
1. Download and print our neckline pattern. Then cut, following your desired line.
2. Place the pattern over the tee and use your tailor’s chalk to trace its outline.
3. Pin the fabric in place and use your scissors to cut, following the line.
4. Fold and iron a 1/4-inch hem around the edge. Fold it a second time to create a double hem fold. Iron and then pin to secure in place.
5. Use the sewing machine to sew a perfect, crisp edge.
First, download and print our neckline pattern. Then cut, following the external/central/middle line (depending on how wide you want your final neckline to be). Next, use tailor’s chalk to trace the pattern outline. Pin the fabric in place and use your scissors to cut, following the line. You should now have a pretty boat neck. Lastly, double fold the raw edge, pin, iron and sew to create a crisp edge. Done! Chic has never been so easy before!
Don’t forget to complete the look with pretty lipstick and a DIY Ascot Scarf ;)
How else would you style your boat neck tee? Tweet us your ideas @BritandCo!