14 Things to DIY from Anthropologie’s Spring 2017 Home Collection
Pastel color schemes, cozy textures, cheery pops of floral and marble, oh my! These are the leading trends in Anthroplogie’s Spring 2017 home collection, and it’s hard not to want every single item. But before you drop a small fortune on a few items, why not try and hack it? The fun and fab Anthropologie DIY tips below will help you nail all the spring trends this season *and* save plenty of moola for that new spring wardrobe. Happy hacking!
1. DIY Marbled Votives: Whether you’re reading a good book on the weekend or trying to get some work done, everything is better by candlelight. If you’re lusting after Anthropologie’s Marbled Votive ($8), you need to try making your own marbled glass right now. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. DIY Tassel Keychain: You’re a gal on the go, and you don’t have time to rummage around your bag for those ever-elusive keys. Anthro’s Out & About Keychain ($20) is chunky enough to ensure you’ll always be able to find your keys, but why buy when you could make one for yourself and one for each of your friends in customized colors? (via Brit + Co)
3. DIY Marble and Gold Table: Shorter days = more cozy dinners on the couch. Whether you’re hosting a Netflix binge party or you’re looking for a slender table for your teeny living room, you can use Anthro’s Pendulum Side Table ($268) as inspiration to seriously brighten up your TV dinners. (via Sugar & Cloth)
4. DIY Round Felt Ball Pillow: Have poms, will cuddle. Bring an inexpensive throw pillow to Anthro’s level with this easy hack. Sew massive felt balls along the edge of the pillow, or copy Anthro’s Tasseled Medina Pillow ($78) and add tassels for good measure. (via A Beautiful Mess)
5. DIY Cheese Knives: Got any plans for your first post-holiday get-together? Before you consider shelling out for Anthro’s Hammered Brass Cheese Knives ($36), check out this rad DIY that teaches you how to make your own geometric handled cheese knives. Extra points if you paint the handles to match your dinner party color palette. (via Sugar & Cloth)
6. DIY Embroidered Pencil Pouch: Writing up those career New Year’s resolutions requires a hefty handful of good pens. If you agree that a pencil pouch shouldn’t cost more than your favorite markers, this is the DIY for you. Pick up some embroidery and replicate — nay, improve on! — Anthro’s Idiom Pencil Pouch ($28) with a one-of-a-kind embroidery quote. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Moroccan Wedding Blanket Pillow: If there’s one thing your living room needs to be totally Instagram-ready, it’s a new set of texture-rich throw pillows. Using tassels and gold trim, duplicate Anthro’s Open Market Pillow ($88+) with this easy sewing tutorial. Yeah, we’d totally double tap that. (via Casa Watkins Living)
8. DIY Wooden Planter: Natural textures are trending hard this season, so jump on the bandwagon with a DIY version of Anthro’s Tree Trunk Planter ($32+). Hit up your local thrift store for an inexpensive wood bowl and add legs for a cool, mid-century look that’ll keep your garden game on point. (via A Beautiful Mess)
9. DIY Faux Fur Throw: Although Anthro’s Fireside Faux-Fur Throw ($98) is back ordered all the way until February, that’s no problemo. You can easily make your own with an easy sewing project. Seriously, you can put this blanket together in about 30 minutes. Now that sounds more appealing than waiting two months to cuddle up, doesn’t it? (via Gina Michele)
10. DIY Poster Hanger: Use Anthro’s Essonne Wall Hanger ($38+) as inspo to switch things up on your gallery wall. The options for customization here are endless — stick with natural wood boards to keep the look minimal or copy Anthro’s version a bit more closely with fancy filigree and gold paint. Whichever way you roll, it’s guaranteed you can hang several pieces of really big art for less than one of the originals. (via Crafted)
11. DIY Clipboard: Raise your hand if “get organized” is topping your to-do list. Since nothing encourages productivity like pretty office accessories, the floral glam of Anthro’s Week Ahead Clipboard ($20) is super enticing. You know what else is enticing? The significant price difference with this DIY clipboard project. Real life Pinterest boards, here you come. (via Craft + Tell)
12. DIY Notebook: You can never have too many notebooks, especially when you’re keeping track of a million projects. If you love the versatility of Anthro’s Elum Notebook Set ($15, set of three), you’ll be stoked to learn how easy it is to make your own notebooks. The best part? You can completely customize the covers with your favorite patterns and colors. (via Brit + Co)
13. DIY Easy Leather Cord Keeper: No, you’re not imagining it: Earphones are evil and will tangle themselves the instant you leave them on their own. Make sure those cords stay put once and for all with this colorful DIY hack similar to Anthro’s Puzzle Cord Keepers ($12). Seriously, that gold detailing is everything. (via A Beautiful Mess)
14. DIY Rosemary and Grapefruit Candles: #Realtalk here: Making your own personalized candles is going to be way more fun than shelling out for Anthro’s Mercury Moonglow Candle ($40). Grab a bag of soy wax, splash out some essential oil and pour yourself a whole slew of chic candles in no time. (via Sugar & Cloth)
Are you inspired to tackle any of these hacks? Follow us on Pinterest for more creative home decor inspo and DIY projects.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.