Transform Your Walls With 22 BIG Wall Art DIYs
Gallery walls are amazing but *kinda* time consuming. If you want to make some serious impact with color and design, then maybe it’s time to steer away from that gallery wall template and opt for one giant piece of art. Big wall art can make a small space seem grander and help your large space feel more cozy. These 22 DIY art projects are easy enough for the non-artist to pull off, and we can guarantee that the end result will be pretty darn impressive.
1. Pom Pom Art: Depending on the length of the show you’re binge-watching on Netflix, you could make this textured wall piece enormous. Or, if you’re not feeling crafty, pick up some pre-made pom poms and simply glue, hang and admire. (via Sugar and Cloth)
2. Hand Lettered: If you haven’t jumped on the hand-lettering trend yet, it’s time to do it in a really big way. But don’t worry; the hardest part of this DIY will be trying to decide what quote you want to use. (via Paper and Stitch)
4. Macrame Wall Hanging: This project is so simple that you can probably tie your knots while watching your fave TV season finale. If you want something a bit bigger, just up the size of the dowel and grab more fabric. (via Brit + Co)
5. Washi Wall: Depending on how ambitious you’re feeling, you could really create a whole accent wall with our favorite craft supply. Plus it peels right off, making it a great option for renters. (via Brit + Co)
6. String Art: We adore string art over here at Brit + Co (we even have a piece in our office). So if you’re looking for a fun way to bring color and texture to your wall, a giant string-art word is definitely the way to go. (via We are Scout)
7. Add Color: Even if you don’t have an artistic bone in your body, the mere size of a colorful canvas can add interest in a small space like this entryway. And if you want to paint some clouds on it, we say go for it. (via Apartment Therapy)
8. Paint by Numbers: Hack a grown-up version of a paint-by-numbers art project by painting over a thrift store find. Keep the color palette simple and adjust the shades to blend in perfectly with your home decor. (via Honestly WTF)
10. Geometric Shapes: Buy a huge white canvas, lay down some tape and go to town with a couple of your favorite colors. You don’t even have to worry about staying in the lines, because the tape will make sure you get those clean shapes. (via Felted Fox)
11. Easy Abstract: This abstract art DIY comes with step-by-step instructions so you definitely can’t go wrong. You’ll probably have so much fun that you’ll be adding abstract art to every room in the house. (via A Beautiful Mess)
17. DIY Giant Frame: If the idea of really big art is deterring you because you don’t want to deal with the ridiculous prices that come along with framing, then this DIY frame (that costs just under $20!) is for you. Paint it any color you want and no one will guess it wasn’t professionally framed. (via Desert Domicile)
20. Photo Mural: If you really want to go big, pick a favorite photo from your travels or summer vacation and blow it up to a ginormous size. Why do wallpaper when you can have a completely personalized accent wall? (via HGTV)
21. Birch Tree Painting: Everyone will be super impressed with your mad painting skills, and you’ll be super impressed at how easy this step-by-step painting is. The copper-leaf personalization is a cute idea if you’re looking for a wedding gift idea. (via Persia Lou)
What are your favorite wall art pieces? Are you more statement piece or gallery wall? Talk to us in the comments below!