With spring cleaning season come and gone, your closets are probably in good shape (and if you’re still a little late doing that, check out our closet organizing tips, um, ASAP!). So now is the time to think beyond organizing and toward adding personal touches to make your closet as beautiful as the things in it. So why not pimp your hangers? These 15 DIY ideas will transform your basic hangers into pieces worthy of the clothes they hold up.
2. DIY Weekly Clothes Rack: Inspired by the timeless elegance of Audrey Hepburn, these hangers are not only an ode to her iconic style, but also help you organize your outfits for the week. (via Bliss at Home)
5. Embellished Hangers: This may look like just a pretty embellishment, but the practical use is a genius bonus. Use crystal beads to keep your delicate camisoles and silks from sliding off the hanger. (via The Stylish Yogi)
6. Colorful Hangers: Although these hangers were only used as part of a styling tutorial, there’s no reason not to recreate this look at home. With some paint and paintbrushes or spraypaint, your hangers have gone from blah to bam! (via Design Love Fest)
7. Glitter Hangers DIY: This DIY was originally intended for children’s hangers, but we think yours are itching for some glitter, too! There’s even tips on how you can avoid getting glitter everywhere. Psh, glitter already is everywhere around here. (via A Bubbly Life)
10. Pearl Wedding Hangers: Using a similar technique, you can create beautiful and elegant pearl hangers for your most precious of clothes. Bonus: They make for beautiful wedding photos! (via Trendy Bride)
11. DIY Neon Nonslip Hangers: Is there anything worse than hanging up all your clothes and then coming back to find them in a puddle on your floor? These hangers are the solution to all your #organizationalproblems AND are fun to look at. (via Brit + Co)
14. DIY Neon Hanger: It takes a little patience to recreate this wild pattern, but while looking at neon colors and an eye-catching Aztec print, we can only think one thing: It’s totally worth it. (via Plan B)
What are some of your favorite ways to personalize your closet space? Let us know in the comments below!