11 Organic Makeup Tutorials to Help Your Beauty Routine Go Au Naturale
As we go on our quest to live healthier lives with organic food, cleaning products and toys for our children, our makeup drawers often get overlooked. But if you truly desire to live an all-natural life, even your beauty products need a makeover. Before you start perusing and balking at the prices of store-bought organic makeup, take a look at these 10 natural makeup recipes that use ingredients from your kitchen.
4. DIY Eyeshadow: This recipe uses a variety of different spices to give you all these gorgeous colors. But you’re welcome to take the base recipe and experiment to find your own unique shade. (via Thank Your Body)
5. Tinted Lip Gloss: Before you throw out the crumbling leftovers of your organic blush, stir it up with some vaseline to make this wonderful tinted lip gloss. You’ll never want to go back to the store-bought stuff. (via Free People)
6. Homemade Powder Foundation: For you light-skinned ladies, here’s a recipe that uses ingredients from your spice cabinet to make a full-coverage powder that will last you all day long. It’s also great for sensitive skin. (via Live Simply)
9. Strawberry Lip Shimmer: Just mix up some organic butters and essential oils to get this fab shimmer stick. You can use it on your lips AND your cheeks. Multipurpose makeup FTW. (via Humblebee and Me)
10. Organic Powder Foundation: Looking for a natural power foundation for your beautiful bronze skin? Here are recipes for three different shades, which you can adjust until you find the perfect match. (via Scratch Mommy)
11. DIY Lip Balm: With all that summer sun and vacation breeze, lip care and protection is always a good idea. Try out this organic lip balm that you can flavor with mint or lemon coconut. (via Go Make Me)
Do you have any all-natural makeup recipes that you recommend? Share them with us below!