If you’re looking for color and art in all parts of your life (and let’s be real, who isn’t?), then there is absolutely no reason in the world to settle for a plain notebook. Now we’re not saying you have to splurge on a patterned notebook either. With just a few supplies, you can take a plain notebook and paint it, tape it or stitch it up so it reflects your personal style. We’ve hunted down 10 ideas to get you started.
1. Kate Spade Inspired: Kate Spade does design the right way and you can get the same look without breaking the bank. Just pull out some paper and scissors. (via Craft a Doodle Doo)
2. Ombre Notebooks: You’ve got ombre nails and hair, so why not add some ombre to your notebook too? You’ll want to check things off your to do list all day long. (via Damask Love)
3. Embossed Calligraphy Notebooks: Here is a great idea for jazzing up your collection of pocket notebooks. It’s perfect for recording all your secrets. (via Momtastic)
4. Washi Tape Notebook: You know that we’re all about washi tape over here. Using it on journals is the perfect way to add some color and pattern in a quick minute. (via Design Love Fest)
5. Embroidered Notebook: Keep your notebooks straight by embroidering a message on each one, or write your bestie’s name on one for a personalized gift. (via Mollie Makes)
6. Recycled Art Notebooks: Those of us with kids, nieces and nephews will end up collecting A LOT of artwork. Take advantage of all the mini Picassos you know by creating an incredibly unique notebook. (via Babble Dabble Do)
7. Embroidered Design: Still thinking about those embroidered notebooks? We are too. Here’s another way to use that skill to make your notebook fabulous. (via The Plumed Nest)
8. Eyes Notebook: If the eyes are the windows to the soul, then this seems like the perfect notebook to scribble all your innermost thoughts. (via Crafts Love)
9. Colorful Tape: Whether it’s an initial or a festive design, washi tape isn’t the only colorful tape that can spruce up your notebooks. (via Brit + Co)
10. Geometric Moleskine Notebooks: Use your very own art… to make even more art! We’re in. (via Kraft and Mint)
How will you decorate your notebooks? Tell us below!