Since you’re probably spending a small fortune on the drinks and appetizers for your New Year’s Eve party, it’s easy to overlook your party decor. Who needs those cheesy balloons anyway? But before you throw out the idea altogether, just imagine your home decked out in glitter and shine without all the cash normally required. It is possible. Take a look at these simple, wallet-friendly DIYs to make your home NYE fab and party ready.
1. Sparkly Photo Booth: Photo booths are always a great idea. This gold background will steal the show at your NYE party. (via Oh Happy Day)
2. Jumbo Sequins: If you could have giant sequins at your party, why wouldn’t you? (via Fiskars)
3. Giant Garland: We LOVE fringe all year long. Get your NYE party decked out in giant metallic fringe with this eye-popping DIY. (via 100 Layer Cake)
4. Tinsel Sign: Yes, it’s a pain to clean up all those individual strands of tinsel after Christmas, but it will become your best friend if you plan on recreating this shiny sign. (via Ruffled)
5. Gold Balloons: Just because some NYE balloons can be cheesy doesn’t mean there aren’t some fabulous ones out there. Go for the gold. (via Colin Cowie Weddings)
6. Gold Wreath: Whether you’re using gold ribbon you already have or jumping on those after-Christmas sales, a gold wreath is the perfect way to welcome guests to a glitter-filled party. (via 36th Avenue)
7. Metallic Medallions: You don’t want the cliche tissue paper cutouts. We get it. Try these classy medallions made from metallic foil instead. (via Lia Griffith)
8. Glitter Disco Ball: This simple DIY will shine glittery light into every corner of the room. It’s kinda like less messy confetti. (via Oh Happy Day)
9. Kiss Me At Midnight Garland: It’s like a typography cake banner… but life-sized. This one’s for all the lovebirds out there. (via Jade and Fern)
10. Fringe Pom Poms: Hang ’em up. Lay ’em out. Make these sparkly pom poms and decorate with them as much as your heart desires. (via Studio DIY)
11. Crepe Paper Garland: Whether you use it as a photo booth backdrop or just for looks, a giant crepe paper garland wall will definitely be a crowd pleaser. (via 100 Layer Cakelet)
12. Martini Bar: You can definitely count your bar as a part of your decor. In this case, you DIY the bar and they DIY their drinks. It’s a win-win situation. (via Rustic Italian)
What is your favorite way to decorate for your New Year’s Eve bash? Tell us below!