Never underestimate the power of crepe paper to turn up any party space or plain Jane room. That’s right — the delicate paper usually designated for streamers can be used to create fabulous home decor, next-level party favors and even wearables like headbands and fringe crowns. All you need to do to make it happen? Some bright-colored crepe paper, a pair of scissors and some glue. You’ll be pleasantly surprised with the cute and quirky results.
3. Petals Wall Hanging: How gorgeous is this crepe paper petal wall hanging? We can barely believe it was made out of crepe paper. It’ll take some time to make, but trust us — it’s time well spent. (via Oh Happy Day)
5. Giant Fringe Letters: Nothing says “I love you” quite like spelling it out in fringe-y crepe paper letters. This DIY is made even more romantic by the ombre color scheme. <3 (via Green Wedding Shoes)
6. Conversation Heart Piñatas: Bring those teeny conversation hearts to life by creating these crepe paper piñatas, messages and all. Fill with actual conversation hearts to take it to a very meta place. (via Studio DIY)
7. Fringe Crowns: Have a free-spirited little one at home? They’ll love these fun and spunky fringe crowns made with colorful crepe paper and floral wire. You might even, too, come next summer’s festival season! (via Cakies)
10. Tassel Garlands: If you can cut straight lines, you can make this party garland. We love how this festive garland looks when it’s color blocked, so be sure to grab a few hues of crepe paper before you get going. (via Brit + Co)
11. Punch Board Calendar: Next holiday season, forget about those advent calendars you buy at the supermarket. Instead, create this crepe paper punch board calendar for an interactive holiday treat. (via You are My Fave)
14. Paper Flowers: Besides never wilting, paper flowers are some of the most versatile pieces you can make with crepe paper. Weave your bestie a gorgeous flower crown for her wedding, wrap the faux blooms around party lights to take your decor up a notch or just plunk a bunch into a vase and never worry about watering. (via Brit + Co)
16. Fringe Layer Streamers: Turn crepe paper streamers into fringed garlands to add texture to your party decor. Yes, it requires a LOT of snipping, but it’s so worth it for the look. (via A Subtle Revelry)
21. Paper Dots Garland: Polka dots are always a good idea, especially when they’re made out of crepe paper and strung into a garland. Even use this stringy piece as a table decoration. (via Oh Happy Day)
22. Floral Photo Booth Backdrop: Believe us when we say the photo booth backdrop possibilities are endless. In this version, we’ve turned crepe paper into pinwheels and flowers and to make the wall look like it’s bursting in bloom. (via Brit + Co)
Which of these crepe paper crafts are you swooning over? Tell us about it in the comments!