25 DIY Ways to Customize Your Thanksgiving Table
We dipped our toes into the world of table linens last week with beautiful cloth napkins that you can buy. But considering that a blank linen makes such a perfect canvas, there’s really no reason to not doll ‘em up yourself! Check out these 25 festive ways to customize table cloths, runners, and napkins, all of which are amazing inspiration for the upcoming holidays. ‘Cause if you get dressed up for Thanksgiving dinner, shouldn’t your table too?
4. Fall Patterned Napkins: The easiest, most cost-effective way to stamp pretty much anything is with a good old potato. Don’t believe us? Check out how this blogger turned her taters into the cute house and acorn stamps you see on these napkins. (via Shop Sweet Things)
6. Easy Fringe Table Runner: We’ve hopelessly fallen for all-things fringe, including this ridiculously fun table runner. Got extra tissue paper left over? Why not make a matching photo booth backdrop? (via Hank & Hunt)
7. Anthropologie Inspired Napkins: Oh Anthropologie, your impeccable taste in everything from jewelry to modern mirrors has inspired makers everywhere to recreate your wares on the cheap. And the trend continues with these Anthro-inspired napkins that look exactly like the real deal. (via Sarah Hearts)
8. Neon Dyed Napkins: We’re all for adding a dash of neon decor to your living space, like these these eye-catching neon dyed napkins. Our fave has to be the simple stenciled “Yum” floating in a spritz of highlighter yellow. (via Brit + Co.)
10. Patterned Cloth Napkins: Your design possibilities are nearly endless when fabric markers are the tool of choice. With so much power at your fingertips, we recommend keeping your linen design simple like this cool tribal graphic. (via The Sweetest Occasion)
11. Canvas Drop Cloth Table Runner: There’s something so comforting about this rustic table runner, made from a frayed, canvas drop cloth. Take a cue from this blogger and decorate with dried eucalyptus or pine clippings when the table’s not set. (via A Daily Something)
15. DIY Watercolor Napkins: You can bust out a bunch of beautiful napkins in a hurry with this easy watercolor technique. Don’t have fabric dye on hand? Get the same look with Sharpies and rubbing alcohol! (via The Inspired Room)
18. Stenciled Drop Cloth Table Runner: Don’t be intimidated by the intricate pattern on this cloth runner—there’s a secret weapon in play here. They answer: a large stencil, repeated from end to end on this majestic table runner. (via Pretty Handy Girl)
19. Confetti Table Cloth: Nothing says “let’s have a party” more than confetti, so get the festive message across on your table cloth. Of course you get bonus points for serving a funfetti cake on your cloth creation. :) (via Oh! Happy Day)
20. Drop Cloth Numbered Napkins: Want to assign seating at your next sit-down dinner without seeming like a stickler? Try numbering your napkins with this free printable DIY! (via Cottage in the Oaks)
21. Thanksgiving Napkins: Celebrate the sentiment of the holiday with these Thanksgiving napkins. We love the way these were specially folded to hold the silverware at each setting. (via One Little Minute)
22. Woven Jute Table Runner: This woven jute table runner add so much charm to any neutral table. Stay with the rustic vibe and use butcher’s twine to keep napkins and utensils together. (via Tara Dennis)
23. Bunting Party Table Cloth: This table cloth proves you can still make beautiful bunting without scissors and string. We love how the design was painted to look like it’s hanging off the edges of the table! (via The Sweetest Occasion)
25. Graphic Painted Table Cloth: As you can imagine, we’re a sucker for plus signs, so it’s no surprise we’re obsessed with this pretty patterned table cloth. Bonus: you only need two tools to make this DIY come to life! (via A Subtle Revelry)
Are you decking out your table this Thanksgiving? Tell us all about your DIY projects in the comments below!
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.