Turn Trash into Treasure With 18 Eco-Friendly DIYs
We love reducing, reusing and recycling everything we possibly can, including yoga mats and lunch bags. But when we can take it one step further and create a treasure out of would-be trash, that’s a resounding “Heck yeah.” We’ve put together 18 of our favorite eco-friendly DIYs that are perfect for Earth Day (April 22, folks!), or any day really… because every day is Earth Day, remember?
5. DIY Sachets and Dryer Sheets: Are you hoarding fabric remnants or vintage sheets and pillowcases? Put those pretty prints to work by making reusable fabric dryer sheets that double as sachets. No sewing machine required! (via Hello Natural)
11. Beer Bottle Bud Vases: We know you already recycle your beer bottles (at least we hope you do!), but upcycling them with the help of some paint gives them a permanent new life as a pretty bud vase. (via Brit + Co)
12. T-Shirt Beach Cover-Up: Everyone’s got a section of their closet devoted to old, ill-fitting t-shirts. Add scissors and a few simple stitches, and you’ve got a stylin’ beach cover-up. (via Brit + Co)
16. Color Block Crayon Candles: Broken crayons don’t have to be a sad occasion. Melt ’em down and enjoy Atomic Tangerine and Robin’s Egg Blue in DIY candle form. We’re gonna go ahead and coin the term “crayondles” for this one. (via Brit + Co)
18. DIY Metal Filing Cabinet Planter: Rescue an old filing cabinet from the office reject pile and go to town with some potting soil. (Get even more recycled and DIY planter ideas here.) (via Full Mooning)
What are your favorite recycled crafts? Are you going to be making any fun ones for Earth Day this year? Let us know in the comments below!