Try This Kid-Friendly Mango Curry Shrimp Recipe That Adults Will Love Too
- 2 pounds shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed and roughly chopped
- 1 heaping tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 8-ounce jars mango chutney (I prefer the Stonewall Kitchen brand)
- 4 ounces water (Hint: use the chutney jar!)
- mango, cubed for garnish
- 2 scallion, thinly sliced on the bias for garnish
- steamed jasmine rice for serving (1 cup dry rice makes enough for 4-6 servings cooked rice)
- lime wedges for serving
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then place shrimp on baking sheet.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, ginger, salt, and curry powder. Cook, stirring regularly, for about 5-7 minutes, or until onions soften and brown a bit.
Roast shrimp in oven for 5 minutes.
While shrimp cooks, add the two jars of chutney to the skillet plus 1/2 – 3/4 chutney jar of water (4-6 ounces). Stir to combine and bring sauce to a boil.
Remove shrimp from the oven, then add to the skillet sauce. Stir to combine, making sure to coat each shrimp with a bit of sauce. Bring back to a quick boil or until sauce reaches desired consistency.
Serve over steamed jasmine rice and garnish with fresh mango cubes, sliced scallions, and a lime wedge.