11 Eggnog Recipes to Eat for Breakfast
We’re already totally slammed with holiday spirit — especially where food is concerned. Whether it be excitement for all of those Thanksgiving leftovers or the need to mow down copious amounts of Christmas cookies, our tastebuds are READY. And now that the store shelves are fully stocked with eggnog, we can indulge our biggest craving. You already know there are a ton of delicious eggnog food recipes, but did you know that there’s also a delicious way to have your fave holiday drink first thing in the morning? Start getting into the holiday spirit early — like, 8am early — with these 11 eggnog-infused breakfast treats.
1. Eggnog Pancakes With Cinnamon Syrup: Pancakes are always a special treat, but you can take your pancake game to a whole new level with the addition of eggnog and cinnamon-spiced maple syrup. Why wait until the holidays when you can get into the spirit now? (via My Cooking Spot)
2. Easy Fluffy Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls: Bring the flavors of Christmas to your breakfast plate with this irresistible pastry. Even if eggnog isn’t your thing, you won’t be able to turn down these fluffy, gooey rolls. (via Half Baked Harvest)
3. Eggnog Custard Oatmeal Brûlée: If you’re a fan of the infamous crème brûlée dessert and its creamy custard base topped with hardened caramel, you’ll do just about anything to dig into this bowl of oats. Nothing will ever pair as perfectly with your morning cuppa as this. (via Dine and Dish)
4. Overnight Eggnog French Toast Casserole: With the holidays creeping up, this time of year can be hectic as heck. That considered, you need your energy, and a solid breakfast is the way to get it. Don’t snub your morning grub just because you’re short on time — make this overnight casserole instead. (via The Blond Cook)
5. Eggnog and Almond Scones: The holiday vibes are strong with these scones, featuring a healthy dose of eggnog and nutmeg. Sliced almonds get some love instead of the usual holiday walnuts and pecans, giving these little biscuits an innovative spin. (via Hungry Girl por Vida)
6. Cranberry Eggnog Coffee Cake Muffins: Homemade muffins are a total jackpot when you need breakfast on the go. These cake-like confections, however, are laced with a little something special (eggnog, duh). (via Whole and Heavenly Oven)
7. Eggnog Cinnamon Swirl Bread: There are few foods as fulfilling as a loaf of fresh bread. To get yourself into the spirit, cross over to the sweeter side this season and swirl some cinnamon and eggnog into the mix. (via Girl Versus Dough)
8. Eggnog White Chocolate Brioche Pudding: Though bread pudding is usually considered a dessert, it can easily be converted into a heavenly breakfast — just pretend it’s French toast. You may never eat a savory breakfast again. (via Vinkalinka)
9. Eggnog Waffles: You’ll never utter the words “l’eggo my Eggo” again. They can have your Eggos, ’cause you’ve got eggnog waffles now. Creamy, fluffy and spiced with nutmeg, these gems are a perfect way to get into the holiday spirit early. (via Breakfast for Dinner)
10. Eggnog Scones: What goes better with a hot cup of holiday spiced coffee than a sweetly glazed scone? You could also just wash these eggnog-infused treats down with some actual eggnog, depending on how much of an eggnog fan you truly are. (via The First Year Blog)
11. Eggnog Donuts: Donuts for breakfast? Don’t mind if we do! Starting the day off by biting into a fresh eggnog-flavored donut can never be a bad thing. Add a wee splash of rum for some extra oomph. (via Joy’s Cozy Oven)
Follow us on Pinterest for more swoon-worthy breakfast treats.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.