16 Engagement Ring Instagrams to Inspire Your Own
These days, your wedding starts long before you find the perfect dress or pick a cake. Your wedding starts the second you take that engagement ring selfie. You know the one — nails manicured, diamond sparkling, “engaged” hashtagged. It’s basically like a pre-invitation and even a pre-save-the-date. Some people spend thousands of dollars to prep their hands for the photo (no, we’re not kidding), and while we don’t think it should go quite that far (although we do love a photo-ready mani), we def like to gawk at cute, clever, fun engagement ring Instas to inspire our own. Trust us, these pics are real gems ;)
4. Kind of Candid: Even if you’re camera shy, you may still want to share your excitement with the world. A pose like this is perfect to share your ring and your smile without going full-on duck face. (via @charliepourit)
8. Talk to the Hand: We love this idea. It’s funny, romantic and maintains your privacy. Although, if you want to do it in the moment, you may have to carry a Sharpie around until the question is popped. (via @nycoletalina)
9. Simply Stated: Leave it to Lauren Conrad to keep it classy. We’re not sure if this was planned, but the “Love” ring is so perfectly placed. It’s basically like a love poem is written on her hand. (via @laurenconrad)
10. Killer Caption: This definitely wins in the caption category: “He didn’t go to Jared’s, but whatever. I’ll take it!” Have fun with your words, and don’t forget to express your excited disbelief. (via alyssakalward)
11. Golden Hour: Everything looks better in the light of the Golden Hour. Snap your ring just before sunset for some romantic natural light — this app will even tip you off to the golden hours. (via cartergold)
12. Stylin’ Profilin’: Hopefully, your ring was chosen with your personal style in mind. Even though you can’t always plan your look for the day of your proposal, capture the best parts of your outfit to complement your new bling. (via @margoandme)
14. Instant Replay: If you follow Murad Osmann on Instagram, you know that his pictures are all of him holding his now-fiancé’s hand in foreign places. We’re pretty sure this ideal staging wasn’t done in the moment of the proposal, but feel free to relive the moment with them and get ready to swoon each and every time. (via @muradosmann)
16. Bling Photobomb: No offense to your guy, but if he did a good job picking a ring, you’re going to want to show it to everyone even at the expense of his adorable face. Our very own Anj Temple knows how to photobomb with the best of them. (via @anjelikatemple)
What’s your ideal engagement selfie? Let us know in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)