9 Epic Babymoon Vacays in North America for That Last Hurrah
If you’re toying with the idea of going on a babymoon, I have a piece of advice for you. To quote my buddies at Nike, “just do it.” Seriously. The hubs and I didn’t take advantage of this newfangled rite of passage for soon-to-be-parents, and boy do we regret it. Something happens when you have a newborn. You don’t sleep, you’re lucky if you have the chance to shower, your love life goes on hiatus and those romantic getaways are, for the next year or two (if not longer), a thing of the past. Do it now while you can! You might be uncomfortable, you might be tired and you might be hungry, but what better place to rest, relax and be pampered than a swanky luxury hotel. These nine — all located in North America (or close enough) — offer up totally fantastic options for pregnant moms and soon-to-be daddies. I kinda think you need to go to them all!
1. Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort and Spa, San Jose del Cabo, Mexico: Head south of the border for some all important one-on-one time before there’s more than just the two of you. This adults-only, all-inclusive resort overlooks the Sea of Cortés in Los Cabos, Mexico and features direct beach access, five dining options, a holistic spa and three swimming pools. For a little extra spoilage, get the special Source of Life treatment at the spa, a 50-minute massage that will help you “harmonize” with your baby and relieve stress on the legs and back. Book one of their deluxe rooms with the hydro-massage tub, because how fab does that sound? So good, right? (Photo via Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa)
2. Four Seasons Resort Lanai, Lanai, HI: If you wanna really get away, jet off to Hawaii to the Four Seasons Resort Lanai and enjoy every minute with your boo in their secluded 90,000-acre island paradise. To really bring in the romance, reserve a table for two under the stars on the oceanfront and feast on a personalized five-course menu (following a chef consultation), and ask for a customized music playlist or have a solo musician swing by. To really bring you to the land of relaxation, head to the Aquaterra spa for a Hapai Prenatal Massage that’s designed to nurture both you and your baby; their therapists are specifically trained to relieve the stress and strains that we all experience during pregnancy. (Photo via Four Seasons Resort Lanai)
3. Surf and Sand Resort, Laguna Beach, CA: Slumber in bliss at this plush resort located right on the Laguna Beach shoreline. They boast private oceanfront balconies, coastal dining (with stunning views), a swank spa, an oceanfront pool and special offers just for moms-to-be. You can request a luxurious pregnancy pillow, which will make sleeping so much more comfy (and they’re so big, you don’t wanna have to lug your own along on vacay). Their Beach Babymoon package includes a one-night stay, a welcome basket (with in-room movies, mocktails for mom and chilled beer for dad), a baby-healthy dinner for two, a private pre-natal yoga session on the beach and an 80-min. Mother-to-be Massage (they use only organic and baby-safe oils). (Photo via Surf & Sand Resort)
4. Paradise Point Resort and Spa, San Diego, CA: If you’re looking for a peaceful babymoon with your man, try the Paradise Point Resort & Spa in San Diego’s Mission Bay, located on a mile of white sandy beach. The bungalow-style guest rooms are sprinkled amid their 44-acre resort with highlights like five swimming pools, a full-service marina and six dining options. For moms-to-be, they offer the “Oh Baby” babymoon package that includes a room, a bottle of sparkling cider, a “Craving Credit” for in-room dining and oodles of pampering at The Spa at Paradise Point, with a 50-minute Mother-to-Be Massage, 60-minute Spa manicure and 60-minute spa pedicure. (Photo via Paradise Point Resort & Spa)
5. The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, in Miami, FL: Make your babymoon an event for friends and family at the serene Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne with their unique (and so so sweet) Baby Gender Reveal Party Package. The resort’s pastry chef will create a chocolate globe that’s filled with pastel candies (either pink or blue, revealing the sex of the baby) which you crack open in front of your loved ones. When that’s all done, you can escape (and rest) in your plush room — it is the Ritz, so of course it’s plush. (Photo via The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne)
6. L’Auberge de Sedona, Phoenix, AZ: The views at the L’Auberge de Sedona are worth the trip alone. The luxury resort is nestled along the banks of Oak Creek in Sedona’s totally enchanting Red Rock region, with stellar views everywhere you look. Their babymoon package includes a breakfast credit, dinner credit, a spa credit to be used toward a maternity spa treatment, a welcome snack (Yeah! Snacks!) upon arrival, plus a baby journal as a gift. (Photo via L’Auberge de Sedona)
7. Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa, San Diego, CA: Free in-room snacks? Yes, please! That’s one of the perks offered to those who are preggers at the deluxe resort and spa. You can also indulge in a 60-minute soothing Mommy-to-Be Massage (with supportive props and pillows for comfort) or pick from one of their other spa treatments. If your body is sore, take a dip in the casita’s huge deep soaking tubs, as well as a separate 20+ square foot steam shower. Sigh, so dreamy! If you’re feeling active, you can play croquet, ride a bike or take a ride along the coast in one of the resort’s complimentary Porsches (during your stay, that is — you can’t take the Porsche home with you, unfortunately). (Photo via Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa)
8. White Elephant, Nantucket, MA: Take an intimate (and oh so chill) vacay at the waterfront hotel the White Elephant, which has been around since the 1920s. Their Nantucket Babymoon Package features two nights in one of their luxurious guestrooms, a one-hour prenatal massage and a cigar wrapped in pink or blue ribbon for the dad. Plus, you’ll leave with something for your little one too: a “Trunket” stuffed elephant toy. (Photo via White Elephant)
9. The Topnotch Resort, Stowe, VT: Located on 120 acres, the Topnotch Resort is a haven for tennis lovers. When you’ve got a baby growing in your belly, a rousing tennis match might be the last thing on your mind, but there’s still a good reason to head to this oasis in the woods… their babymoon package. The parents-to-be offering includes two nights, a side-by-side 50-minute spa service, breakfast and dinner for two at their Flannel Restaurant and, last but not least, a midnight cravings amenity including pickles, cheese, crackers, nuts and cookies. They had us at pickles and cookies! (Photo via The Topnotch)
Where did you go on your babymoon? Or where are you planning to go? Tweet us at @BritandCo and let us know.
(Photo via Getty)