10 Exercises to Do LITERALLY With Your Kid
Trying to find time to exercise is challenging enough, but add a baby into the mix and it can feel nearly impossible. Like all things involving parenthood, this one requires you to improvise. Instead of using one of those sacred nap times or waiting until everyone goes to sleep to fit it in, make a game out of it and have some fun. Grab your little sidekick(s) and get them engaged with these 10 exercises you can do together.
3. Walking Lunges: Daily walks are a great way to expose your baby to fresh air and new surroundings. It’s also the perfect opportunity to get in some thigh-burning walking lunges. (via Carrots ‘n’ Cake)
6. Taga Bike ($1,600): If you have extra money to spend, this stroller bike is a great way to get a workout in without doing repetitive moves all afternoon. Try to think of it as a long-term investment, since it can be used for kids up to 55 pounds.
7. Squats: Do your squats and get some smooches at the same time. Hold your baby out in front of you, then squat and bring them in for a kiss as you stand back up. Repeat until your arms feel like they’re going to fall off (which shouldn’t take long). (via 12WBT)
9. Dance Party: Not all exercises need to be so strict and regimented. Crank up the tunes and have a dance party with your kiddo right in the living room. The faster the music, the better the workout. (via Ellen)
What’s your favorite way to get your heart rate up with your little one? Talk to us in the comments!
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.