24 Foyers You’d Be Happy to Come Home to
Your foyer is the first impression you give to everyone who comes into your home, so you want to make sure it reflects your personal aesthetic. It should be stylish, inviting and organized. It is a great place to make a big impact in a relatively small space. The formula for a perfectly decorated foyer is fairly simple — a pretty light fixture, a great table or console, a couple of lamps, a statement piece like a mirror or artwork, some accessories and, of course, fresh flowers. Blamo. Honey, you’re home.
2. Pure and Simple: Like a breath of fresh air, this light and bright foyer keeps down the clutter by including classy hooks and the all-essential mirror for last-minute makeup touchups. (via Dust Jacket Attic)
3. All White Everything: Even if your entryway is the tiniest hallway imaginable, you can dress it up with an epic light fixture to truly capture an exotic style or just make a grand statement. (via The Kloud Store)
5. Contemporary Eclectic: Don’t ever let your desire for a perfectly decorated home keep you from having a lot of fun with all the things you love and make you happy. Wouldn’t coming home to these cute little guys just put a huge smile on your face? (via Lonny)
6. Something Out of Nothing: This condo only had a wall to work with when it came to creating the illusion of a foyer, and the owners completely pulled it off with wall art, a convenient shelf for keeping keys and an umbrella holder that doubles as a conversation piece. (We totally want one.) (via Houzz)
10. Old Hollywood Glam: How fun are the pink accents in this otherwise chic and modern entry hall? You can easily hack this look yourself. Paint an old table black and find some bright throw pillows to throw on a vintage daybed. (via Cashon and Co)
12. Wallpaper Mania: A smaller entryway is the perfect place to let this wallpaper’s color and pattern P-O-P. Entryways are the ideal place to go crazy with the crazy wallpaper you’ve been eyeing. (via Twelve Chair Boston)
13. To Rug Or Not To Rug: A rug can really help keep the dirt down, especially if you have a lot of foot traffic, but make sure whatever design you choose isn’t competing with other accessories. (via Markatos Design)
16. Vertical Space: How incredible is this foyer full of natural light, crazy reflections and sleek accessories? The atomic light fixtures bring an extra boost of playfulness to the room. (via Nicety)
18. Neutral Palettes: This subtle herringbone-patterned wallpaper from West Elm is the perfect backdrop for a gallery wall and a shiny lamp. It adds textural interest without overpowering the room. (via West Elm)
19. Bling It Up: Lighting is the jewelry of interior decorating. Direct guests’ attention upwards with a unique chandelier. Here, the gray lacquered ceiling is complemented with a dark turquoise chandelier, a color scheme that is repeated with two teal ottomans which are perfect for sitting on while taking off your shoes. (via One Kings Lane)
20. English Country: Make them feel at home with a coat rack or umbrella basket to let them know they can take their shoes off and stay a while. This is also a polite way to let them know where to keep the mess when the weather is wet and muddy ;) (via House and Home)
Which of these elegant entries stop you in your tracks? Let us know in the comments below!