It should come as no surprise that we’re *constantly* on the lookout for the next big thing to hit the sartorial scene. Checkerboard prints and logo mania, anyone? Already spotted on many a street-smart tastemaker, oversized statement bows and ties are guaranteed to elevate even the most blasé of ensembles. But don’t be mistaken — this trend is all about placement a la interwoven on the sleeves of your crisp poplin shirts or lining the back of an oversized knit sweater. Keep on scrolling for seven bow-adorned pieces (#obsessed) that will make you want to embrace your femme side. Sorry, ruffles, you’ve been replaced.
1. Front Row Shop White Print Cold Shoulder Blouse ($53): For a getup that says “give ‘em hell,” reach for this whimsical comic book-inspired print featuring statement-making shoulder ties. Pair with a mod-ish bob and vampy heels for a conversation-starting look.
2. ASOS Animal Bow One Shoulder Mini Dress ($98): Rawr is right. Gear up for an upcoming cocktail social with this totally fierce ‘80s-esque leopard print dress. The self-tie sleeves are EVERYTHING (and that kitschy hot pink inflatable clutch doesn’t hurt either).
3. Free People Cherry Pie Top ($78): Honestly, the only thing that could make this cheeky cherry print top any better is the prospect of a few strategically placed ties. Oh, but wait — now, we really are smitten. Team the retro bell-sleeve blouse with high-waisted mom jeans, oversized hoops and clunky clogs FTW.
4. Missguided Bow Sleeve Sweat Dress ($43): Juxtapose the bow-tastic sleeves with some tough-girl kicks for instant street swagger.
5. Clu Open Shoulder Shirt With Bow ($196): Cutout shoulders AND frilly ribbon ties, oh my! This wardrobe workhorse pairs perfectly with black culottes and fuzzy steppers.
6. Club Monaco Sohrab Sweater Dress ($199): Late-night rendezvous with bae? Proceed to get your cha-cha-cha on with this demure (but not too demure) little black sweater dress that calls for DDG chandelier earrings and strappy velvet pumps. We’re just a smidge obsessed with the girly sleeves.
7. Deletta Tied Stripe Pullover ($88): Ah, yes. A leisurely striped pullover that makes you look fab (minus the effort) even when you’re doing that whole off-duty thing. The tie-sleeve accents are so unexpected, yet SO appreciated at the same time.
Will you be embracing well-placed bows this spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.