Okay, we know it’s still 90 degrees in some parts of the country, but we’re just getting really excited about the revival of coats and cold weather clothes. When we think “keeping warm,” we think about fur. Now, before you reach for the red paint, hold up a sec. It’s all faux. Actually we take that back… it’s all faux-bulous (sorry, couldn’t help it). These 20 faux fur and leather finds are bound to get you stoked for the eminent cold front headed our way. Eventually.
1. Luxe Faux Fur Boxy Gilet ($130): This is it — your cuddly winter staple that can be thrown over practically anything.
2. Burgundy Faux Leather Pants ($38): Whoa mama! Paint the town (and your legs) red in these sassy skintight pants.
3. Unreal Fur Candy Blossom Coat ($298): Um, did we just travel back in time? Whether you’re looking to channel Kate Hudson à la Almost Famous or Bianca Jagger, you’ll be the most stylish ’70s style icon of them all.
4. Faux Leather Midi Skirt ($119): In our opinion, a girl can never have too many midi skirts. The length is long enough not to spend the day worrying about an exposed behind and short enough to still look fun. Give the trend a tougher edge in faux leather.
6. Peplum Top ($20): A little bit naughty and a whole lot of nice — balance out your wild life and your working life with the laser-cut peplum top that kind of has it all.
7. Women’s Military Coat ($90): If all this fur is a little too much for your subdued taste, take it down a notch. Try this military coat with fur only on the hood.
9. Wayne Faux Fur Coat ($895): Mary-Kate? Ashley? Can we have your autograph? Don’t be surprised if you get stopped for a photo in this frock. It’s dramatic enough to win an Oscar all on its own.
10. Fit and Flare Dress ($98): The leather trim takes this basic black dress from blah to voila. Perfect for work or family dinners, this piece is a great way to wear leather in a sophisticated way.
11. Motel Fudge Leopard Coat ($160): Mix old glamour with new trends in this warm leopard coat that’s totally ameow-zing.
12. Faux Leather Dungarees ($94): The ’90s fashion staple has officially risen from the dead. If you’re not so sure about the trend maybe hold off and opt for a classic denim pair to get you started. But if you’ve been an overall advocate for some time now, here’s a chance to really up your dungaree game.
13. Borg Faux Fur Sweater ($52): Let’s face it: It doesn’t always get fur-coat-cold everywhere. If you’re still dying to sport the trend or want something that’s wearable in warmer weather, try this furry sweater.
14. Vegan Leather Moto Jacket ($80): Sometimes nothing beats a classic. Hit the open road or a rock show and look like the baddest gal in the place.
15. Faux Suede Moto Jacket ($57): Motorcycle jackets look awesome. But they’re definitely not the coziest of outwear. Meet somewhere in the middle with this jacket that has all the iconic moto details.
16. Faux Real Sweatshirt ($82): Fur sleeves seem like an odd choice at first, but we have to say, it’s totally working here. Although we can’t help but wonder if this would create some weird body temperature situations. What happens if you need to put a coat on? Hot arms and a perfectly warm chest, that’s what.
17. Rose Faux Leather Bustier ($25): Who says a leather skirt has to be plain? Take the leather look to a whole new level with this matching floral skirt and bustier.
18. Rusty Denim Jacket ($475): Denim jackets aren’t just for summer nights. This classic, laid-back shearling jacket will keep you nice and toasty with its faux-shearling hood and sleeves.
19. Club L PU Sleeve Swing Dress ($14): You know you want it — a sweet purple mini dress with just a touch of leather.
20. Animal Ear Hood Coat ($152): Somebunny better hand this coat over ASAP!
What’s your favorite faux fur or leather piece you own? Snap a pic and share it with us on Twitter!