18 Fabulous File Organizers to Buy or DIY
For as many things as you can do digitally these days, there are still a lot of papers floating around our offices. Since we’re all about organizing our workspace, we found 18 fun options for tackling that clutter once and for all. The key is to keep only the things you absolutely need on your desk, and file the rest away — or better yet, scan and shred anything you don’t need a hard copy of. Need more organizing ideas? Try these 25 ideas for keeping your desktop organized, and keep your to-do list in tip top shape with these apps.
1. U Brands Hanging Wire Desk Organizer ($16): If you just scored the cutest floral folders and want a place to not only show them off but also organize them, this cooper wire folder bin can mount on your wall and keep files in a safe place to shine.
2. MetroDecor Wall Mounted File Folders ($15): Redirect clutter from your desktop to this chevron wall organizer. More than files can fit in this baby; there are even slots for pens and notebooks.
3. DIY File Folder Wall Organizer: If you’re looking for a more customizable solution, try this tutorial for making a hanging organizer out of pretty fabric. This DIY is for mail, but adjust the measurements and you can easily fit folders too. It’s ideal for those without a lot of desktop space. You can also hang it on the back of your office door. (via Noodlehead)
4. The Container Store Elephant File Organizer ($20): Do you see a file folder on this desk? All we see is a super cute, gold elephant. Oh wait, that elephant has a desk job — organizing your stuff!
5. DIY Desktop Organizer: This bright red organizing shelf is made with a few supplies from the craft or hardware store. You can customize it with whatever colors suit your decor best. (via The Lovely Side)
6. Lee Flexifile Expandable Collator Organizer ($45): This is the classic file sorter that you’ve likely seen everywhere. It has that industrial chic feel that we imagine would be perfect atop a vintage, slightly distressed, metal file cabinet.
7. See Jane Work Blue Herringbone Sorter ($15): If your desk situation is looking a tad dreary, glam it up with this blue organizer. With multiple slots, you’ll have a place to file your mail, thank-you cards, and tax paperwork.
8. russel+hazel Acrylic Collator ($34): Keep your desk clear and organized with this acrylic file sorter. It’s also a great way to store magazines, if that’s more your style.
9. Homiak Geometric Collapsible Storage Box ($20): If you don’t always have files that you need to keep at hand, opt for this collapsible box that can be stashed away when not in use.
10. Framed Table Organizer: If you don’t keep a ton of paper, but need to organize this month’s bills and maybe a thank-you note or two on your desk, make this framed organizer. It’s very subtle and can be hung on the wall if you don’t want to take up desk space. (via Wishful Tinker)
11. Threshold Gold Desktop Storage Drawers ($25): If you see a lot of papers crossing your desk, this is the organizer for you. You’ll get a double decker in-and-out box. We’re betting teachers, parents, and students will need this for back-to-school.
12. lessandmore Wood File Rack Fritz ($77): Our favorite part about this little file organizer (other than how tiny it is!) is the fact that it’s handmade.
13. The Container Store Cooper Wire Wall File ($18): Another great wall storage option, this sleek wall file adds a chic touch to all the tech that likely lives in your office. Check out the handy hooks that serve as a home for your commuter lanyard or fob.
14. Cereal Box Organizer: We saw a lot of poorly executed versions of this DIY. But this one has bright, fun patterns and is simple with just two levels. Remember to measure twice and cut once with this DIY. (via Katy Did and Kid)
15. Intriom Bamboo FIle Organizer ($40): Give each family member a shelf in this sorter that’s perfect for an in-home mailbox, so they can pick up any letters, magazines, or bills with ease.
16. The Container Store Magnetic Wall Pocket ($24): You store your files on the wall behind your computer in these wall pockets, and you can also pin up photos to the magnetic fronts.
17. Bassett Lois Filing Cabinet ($130): If you covet the essays you wrote in middle school, yearbooks from years before, and birthday cards you received over the past 10 years, you might need some serious storage for all that paper. Here’s an affordable filing cabinet that won’t cramp your style.
18. The Container Store Mint Filing Cabinet ($249): You don’t have to throw away your dozens of diaries full of angsty entries that you’re saving for when you finally write that memoir. This mint filing cabinet will not only contain the clutter, but it’ll also keep your prized papers safe with a trusted lock and key.
Heading out shopping? Be sure to tag us in your office makeover hauls @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.