16 Foods That Pair Perfectly With Champagne
It’s not New Year’s Eve without champagne, and it’s not a party without food. Start 2016 off on the right foot by serving food that pairs perfectly with champagne at your NYE party this year. From spicy foods to fried foods to foods known for good luck, each of these recipes will be sure to keep your guests partying with a satisfied belly, well into 2016. Pop a bottle and get cooking!
3. Raspberry Baked Brie: This party favorite is sweet, savory and perfect for entertaining during the holiday season. It makes an easy and impressive appetizer with minimal prep time. Pair it with a bottle of Gloria Ferrer wine and your holiday appetizer is guaranteed to be the star of any party. (via Pumpkin and Spice)
4. Spicy Thai Pesto Chicken Noodle Bowls: These gluten-free noodle bowls are delicious and easy to make. The Thai pesto brings a kick of flavor and a dose of healthy antioxidants. It’s the perfect dairy-free dinner that’s ready in less than 45 minutes and is great for a hungry crew. (via Cotter Crunch)
5. Gluten-Free Champagne Cupcakes With Dark Chocolate Buttercream Frosting: Is there a better way to celebrate the New Year than with cupcakes and champagne all in one dessert? We think not! (via Recreating Happiness)
6. Avocado Shrimp Spring Rolls and Moscato: You’ll need a sweet wine to balance out the spiciness of these shrimp rolls. You can even make some spring rolls with tofu for your vegan or vegetarian guests. (via What’s Gaby Cooking)
7. Crispy Fish Tacos With Jalapeño Sauce: It’s hard to find a fried food that champagne doesn’t taste delicious with. Pair Korbel Blanc de Noirs California Champagne with these lightly battered and fried fish tacos that are simple enough to make for NYE or any other party. (via Pinch of Yum)
8. Bacon Cheddar Jalapeño Corn Dogs: The super-affordable Lucien Albrecht Brut Cremate d’Alsace complements the spiciness of the jalapeños and the tartness of the mustard in this throwback food pairing. (via The Candid Appetite)
9. Pear, Goat Cheese and Walnut Salad and Prosecco: Champagne vinaigrette is a no-brainer when it comes to a pear salad, so pairing this dish with Prosecco is a definite home run. (via A Pinch of Healthy)
10. BBQ Chicken Smoked Mozzarella Sliders: These bite-sized sandwiches pair nicely with Cava, a Spanish sparkling wine. The sparkles round out the sweetness and smokiness of barbecue just right. (via Flavor the Moments)
11. Curry Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Black Grapes: Champagne will soften the spiciness of the curry spice in the these Brussels sprouts. Turmeric roasted red onions and lemon-chili roasted pepitas also round out this dish that features the lucky grapes. (via Rooting the Sun)
13. African Grilled Prawns: If you are looking for an easy grilled chili and garlic prawns recipe that pairs well with champagne, look no further. This one is filled with protein and will keep your guests from getting too tipsy on the drinks. (via Recipes From a Pantry)
14. Champagne Turkey Meatballs: Ring in the New Year by eating your champagne! These Champagne Turkey Meatballs are both sweet and tangy and perfect for an appetizer or entree. (via The Healthy Maven)
15. Deep Fried Breaded Mushrooms: It’s a fact that fried food and Champagne are BFFs. The earthiness in the mushrooms is complemented by the fruity tones you’ll find in a Blanc de Noirs. (via ERecipe Search)
16. Mushroom Pancakes: Having a New Year’s Day brunch instead of an NYE party? The earthiness of the mushroom topping on spelt pancakes pairs perfectly with the fruity flavor of champagne. (via Princess Misia)
Kicking off the New Year with a bite and some bubbly? Tweet us what you plan on eating on NYE @britandco!