12 Lucky Foods for a Prosperous New Year
Get your new year off to the best start possible with this collection of 12 recipes. Each promises to add a bit of luck to your life, but even if they don’t, trust that it won’t be in vain. Featuring an assortment of sweet cakes, savory snacks and warming soups, your taste buds alone will definitely have a bright beginning.
1. Almond Grape Tea Cake: Eating 12 grapes as the clock strikes midnight is rumored to bring luck to each month of the coming year. This cake is an extra sweet way to enjoy a few of your allotment. (via Martha Stewart)
5. Spaghetti Carbonara With Black Kale: Greens plus pork is a recipe for two times the luck. With all the tasty elements going on — pancetta, pasta, cheese — kale has (almost) never looked so good. (via Williams Sonoma)
6. White Pepper Parmesan Coins: Food resembling money is said to be especially lucrative, so it might be tempting to hoard all of these cheesy crackers for your own enjoyment. We suspect doing so might bring some bad karma — please proceed with caution. (via Simple Bites)
8. Red Pepper and Collard Green Potstickers: A little saute and spice is the trick to transforming collard greens into a tasty dumpling filling while respecting their Southern roots at the same time. (via Southern Soufflé)
10. Slow Cooked Black Eyed Peas: A spoonful of liquid smoke amplifies the bacon flavor in this traditional New Year’s Day side dish. Major bonus: The slow cooker makes these black eyed peas a cinch to whip up. (via The Wanderlust Kitchen)
11. Jamaican Saltfish fritters: You’ll hit the trifecta of good fortune with these fritters: gold-colored, round and made with fish. Dip these crispy-yet-fluffy-centered orbs into pepper sauce for an experience straight from the Caribbean. (via Immaculate Bites)
12. Chocolate Cake Donuts: Ring-shaped foods like donuts and bagels resemble a year coming full circle. And that is the perfect excuse to indulge in a few of these bad boys. (via The Stiers Aesthetic)
Share your New Year’s Day food traditions — lucky or not — with us below.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.