27 Unconventional Bouquets for the Non-Traditional Bride
You know the story. Bride throws bouquet. Lucky dame catches it and is next to wed. And so the bouquet-tossing cycle continues. But just what will you have and hold on that big white wedding day? We’re going a bit atypical for the modern bride with 27 unconventional bouquets. You won’t find roses and orchids here. Instead, everything from faux-quets, hops, and veggies to butterflies and Coke cans. Seriously, Coke cans.
5. Butterfly: Oh Martha, of course you’d come up with such a delightfully, whimsical bouquet. Perfect for a spring wedding, guests are sure to be buzzing over this DIY bundle of butterflies. (via Martha Stewart Weddings)
18. Vegetable Patch Crown: When else will you wear a crown? (Hopefully more often than you think). Don this floral crown of ornamental cabbage and kale on your big day and flatter in romantic elegance. (via the The Natural Wedding Company)
19. Sugar Lemon: This is one shocking bouquet. Not only are lemons incorporated in the most lovely way… but they aren’t actually lemons. Nor are those actual flowers. This whole thing is made out of sugar. Sweet, huh? (via Design Sponge)
23. Crystal Snowflake ($225): Winter weddings are all about sparkle, the dress, the glistening snow, the crystal snowflake bouquet.
28. Custom Clutch ($26): Now here’s an idea that can be used again and again. Double this up as your bridesmaid’s gift by filling them with a special trinket or jewelry piece. And finally, a place to put your phone!
Calling on all modern, unconventional brides. What will you be throwing or holding for keeps on your wedding day? Let us know in the comments below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!