Get to Know the 18 New Models That Walked the VS Fashion Show
When it comes to the Victoria’s Secret fashion show, there are a few models that you just expect to see: Alessandria Ambrosio, Adriana Lima, Lily Aldridge, Candice Swanepoel and Behati Prinsloo, to name a few.
Get to know the show’s first-timers soon to be taking over your television tonight (10/9c), below:
1. Brooke Perry: Brooke has been selling you PINK panties all year, so we can only imagine how pumped she is to finally get her big moment on the runway as a reward. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
2. Bella Hadid: Arguably the most well known of all the show’s runway virgins, Bella (who stole some serious thunder at this year’s show with her special onstage moment with “ex”-boyfriend The Weeknd), made history with sister Gigi as being the first pair of sisters to walk together. (Photo via Pascal le Segretain/Getty)
3. Dilone: Dilone walked in not one, not two, but 44 runway shows this fashion week. In short? This Dominican beauty is blowing UP, so you might want to take note. (Photo via Julien M Hakimen/Getty)
4. Alana Arrington: This 17-year-old (yes, 17!) is still a junior in high school, yet somehow this Iowa native still found time to make her first trip to NYC this year to open and close shows for Altuzzara and BCBG — you know, totally normal teenager stuff. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
5. Camille Row: Camille is an *actual* French girl, so basically, she’s innately flawless. She also has home turf advantage with the show’s Paris locale this year, so we have a feeling she’s pretty much gonna slay. (Photo via Dominique Charriau/Getty)
6. Irina Shayk: She my have looked flawless on the runway, but Irina Shayk will soon be undergoing some major body transformations since (surprise!) she’s preggers. And not just with any baby: This is Bradley Cooper’s baby, people! (Photo via Pascal le Segretain/Getty)
7. Zuri Tibby: Zuri has already made history with VS for becoming the brand’s first black spokesmodel (really?!), and she’s also a huge proponent of wearing natural hair, so we’re dying to see what kinds of beautiful creations the team comes up with in between all those insane hair extensions! (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
8. Xiao Wen Ju: Xiao also knows a thing or two about shattering stereotypes — she was the first woman of Chinese descent to head up the Marc Jacobs campaign, and now she’s diversifying the runway over at VS, to which we say HECK yes — less buxom, petite and racially diverse girls are sexy too! (Photo via Mike Coppola/Getty)
9. Megan Williams: Haven already taken on some of the modeling biz’s best jobs (we’re looking at you, Sports Illustrated), you might know have seen Megan’s killer bod before, but you’ve likely never seen it clad in Lederhosen — needless to say, she still looks amaze. Watch out world! (Photo via Pascal le Segretain/Getty)
10. Maggie Laine: If you weren’t feeling ever-so-slightly regretful about that extra slice of pizza you had last week already, what we’re about to tell you probbbabbbly won’t make you feel much better: Maggie Laine is only 18 years old. Who looks this babely at 18?! (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
11. Georgia Fowler: Georgia Fowler is no stranger to the spotlight — in addition to appearing in campaigns for the likes of Banana Republic, H&M, French Connection and more, girlfriend has also been linked to infamous “modelizer” Leonardo DiCaprio. (Photo via Pascal le Segretain/Getty)
12. Herieth Paul: Tanzanian fashion model and current Ottawan Herieth has walked for Tom Ford, Diane von Furstenberg and Armani, and has been featured on a cover for Vogue Italia. We have a sneaking suspicion Herieth will be nearing supermodel fame in the very near future (girl is kinddddd of a knockout), so keep your eyes peeled for this one. (Photo via Pascal le Segretain/Getty)
13. Grace Elizabeth: Vogue thinks Grace is the next big thing. Need we say more? (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
14. Luma Grothe: Is there something in the water in Brazil, orrrrr? Luma, like her predecessors Giselle Bundchen, Adriana Lima AND Alessandria Ambrosio, all hail from the South American country. (Photo via Pascal le Segretain/Getty)
15. Lameka Fox: Gorge as she is, Lameka was a normal gal just like the rest of us prior to getting her big break for IMG: Girl was discovered on Instagram. WHAT? (Photo via Dominique Charriau/Getty)
16. Lais Oliveira: …And the Brazillians continue to reign on the runway! This goofy gal is also a native of the country. (Photo via Pascal le Segretain/Getty)
17. Jourdana Phillips: Jourdana Phillips (AKA Jourdana Elizabeth) underwent an ANTM-style transformation for the show — she reportedly not only chopped off all of her lush long locks, but dyed them blonde to boot. You go, girl! (Photo via Pascal le Segretain/Getty)
18. Keke Linguard: Keke may be a total babe, but she’s not all high heels and skimpy lingerie: Her modeling profile cites her as bit of a sports fan with a penchant for basketball. (Photo via Julien M. Hakimen/Getty)
Which newbie are you most excited to see strut their stuff? Chat about it @BritandCo.
(h/t Bustle, photos via Dominique Charriau + Pascal le Segretain/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)