Get Your Grill On: Pineapple Pork Kabobs
TGI Thursday! Only one more day until the holiday weekend arrives…do you know what you’re grilling up? Just in case you haven’t thought that far ahead, we’re giving you an easy crowd pleaser.
These salty and sweet kabobs will satisfy the pickiest of eaters. Don’t like pork? Substitute any other meat or make them vegetarian with portabella mushrooms, more peppers, or stuffed jalapenos. And make sure you try these kabobs out on your new grill and flexible skewers.
Ingredients (serves 6)
– 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
– 3 medium zucchini
– 1 red bell pepper
– 1 medium onion
– 1 8-ounce can pineapple chunks, undrained
– 1/3 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 cup soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon mustard
– 1 garlic clove, minced
– 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut pork, zucchini, bell pepper, and onion into 1-inch cubes. Drain pineapple chunks, reserving juice.
- Place pork and zucchini in a large Ziploc bag; set aside bell pepper, onions, and pineapple.
- Stir together reserved pineapple juice and remaining ingredients. Set aside 1/3 cup of marinade and pour the remainder into the Ziploc bag with the pork and zucchini. Chill for at least 2 hours or up to 6 hours.
- Thread pork, vegetables, and pineapple onto skewers.
- Grill over medium-high heat (350 – 400 degrees F) for about 20 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Turn and baste periodically with the reserved 1/3 cup of marinade.
- Serve right away or reheat for 5-10 minutes before serving. We think these would go mighty well with a round of Cinco De Mayo Jello Shots. Yum!