12 Gifts for the Person Who’s Still a Kid At Heart
You know what they say: Age is just a number. And just because you’re all grown up, it doesn’t mean you have to lose your childlike sense of fun and wonder. In fact, we can bet there is someone in your life who is still a kid at heart. (It might even be you!) Sure, the Barbie dolls or Hot Wheels might not be in heavy rotation anymore, but that doesn’t mean the world can’t use a little more playful spirit. Check out our picks for people who are still young on the inside.
1. Cards Against Humanity ($25): This “naughty” card game appeals to your adult sense of humor while still catering to the immature side that still appreciates a good, silly joke. Gather all of your friends and have a game night, just like when you were kids.
2. Thriving Icons Disney Princess Glass Set ($29): Hey, you can still love Belle and Ariel even if you’re an oenophile. Pour a glass of your favorite vintage and sing “Part of Your World” to your heart’s content.
3. Retro Gaming Mat ($28): One drag about grown-up life is having to think about staying in shape. But working out doesn’t have to be a chore. Use this retro gaming mat equipped with your old favorite 8-bit games to get your body moving.
4. Potensic RC Drone with Camera Live Video and GPS ($280): This toy is for the grown-ups. The RC drone has long-range control, GPS, and a 1080P HD camera so you can take amazing bird’s-eye footage no matter where you go.
5. Women’secret Hello Kitty Japan Eyemask ($19): Grown-ups need their beauty sleep, but you don’t need to settle for a boring sleep mask. Give the gift of a nice catnap courtesy of your favorite Sanrio kitty.
6. Down to a Fine Arc Rainbow Wine Stopper ($10): Let them save that last glass of wine in a more whimsical way with this rainbow-shaped stopper. It’s a bright and playful way to keep their vino fresh.
7. Fizz Creations Unicorn Selfie Light ($21): Remember when you were little and totally obsessed with unicorns? For some, the obsession never stopped. (And frankly, we’re 100 percent cool with it.) Make your selfies shine with this handy phone light.
8. Roar for More Magnetic Dino Shaker Set ($12): Make their meals roar with flavor! For any dino-loving kids who grew up into dino-loving adults, these little T-Rex are just right for the kitchen table.
9. Jenga Giant Hardwood Game ($120): Now that you’re a lot bigger, you may be more interested in bigger games. Like, giant games. This thrilling Jenga game stacks to more than five feet tall, so you’re in for a big crash if you let it fall.
10. PQUBE Retro Cube Speaker ($48): Listen to your favorite throwback tunes on this appropriately old-school speaker that looks a lot like a cubed Nintendo controller. Our nostalgia alarms are sounding big time.
11. Barbie Cropped Tee ($34): Is she a Barbie girl in a Barbie world? This adorable pink crop top is exactly what she might find in her favorite doll’s wardrobe. Who could say no to a tee inspired by her favorite childhood toy?
12. Lekue Individual Cookie Shot Glass Shape Baking Mold ($18, Set of 8): Your milk and cookie days might be over, but you can still enjoy a sweet treat in a more adult way by baking up a fresh batch of cookie shot glasses. Fill them up with some wholesome milk or something a little more, ahem, grown-up. The choice is yours.
Do you have any recommendations for fun and playful gifts? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.