Challah at These 15 Delish Recipes
So you’ve got your challah all braided and baked. Now what? Scroll through these 15 uses that are literally the best thing since [simply] sliced bread. Stuffing, sandwiches, bread pudding, French toast and waffles — yes. We have it all here!
2. Challah French Toast With Bruléed Bananas, Nutella and Whipped Cream: We’d be down with serving this Nutella-slicked French toast for breakfast or dessert. (via Melangery)
3. Challah Stuffing with Turkey Sausage, Leeks and Cherries: Add this sweet-and-savory recipe to your stuffing recipe repertoire — we’re certain that you won’t be disappointed! (via Little Ferraro Kitchefn)
5. Mini Shrimp Rolls: Wine- and lemon-poached shrimp are tossed with mayo, celery and dill and stuffed into challah buns to create a terrific appetizer or picnic-worthy sandwich option. (via Cooking for Keeps)
6. Challah French Toast With Roasted Apricots, Vanilla Mascarpone, and Toasted Almonds: Sweet, roasted apricots and vanilla bean-studded whipped mascarpone top this delicious French toast that’s equal parts healthy and hedonistic. (via Blogging Over Thyme)
7. Challah Chocolate Bread Pudding With Chocolate Ganache: Chocoholics, we’ve got a recipe for you! (via How To: Simplify)
8. Breakfast Challah, Smoked Cheddar and Sausage Bread Pudding: Stale bread lying around? Breathe new life into it with this brunch-worthy bread pudding. (via The Mom 100)
10. Piquillo Peppers Stuffed With Halloumi and Challah: Whether you serve these stuffed peppers as an appetizer or main course, one thing’s for sure: this recipe is a winner! (via Milk and Honey)
What’s your go-to way to use up stale bread? Let’s share our resourcefulness in the comments!