13 Apps to Help You Rock Your New Year’s Resolutions
Whether you’re trying to lose weight, be more productive, change your diet or even be a better friend, your phone can actually make sticking to your resolution easier than ever. Give your phone a break from uploading pics to Insta and turn it into the ultimate life coach with these resolution helper apps that’ll have you totally owning your resolution this year. From goal trackers that help make ambitious feats attainable to apps that reward your good behavior and push you toward success, you’ll be rocking that resolution in no time. So go ahead and raise a glass to the New Year, then get to downloading.
1. Headspace: Is being more mindful at the top of your resolution list this year? This app will help train your brain to be more mindful with just a 10-minute daily commitment. (Free on iOS and Android)
2. Nozbe: If you’re trying to amp up your productivity in your personal or professional life, let this app pitch in. Nozbe organizes all your tasks across all platforms and lets you delegate them to team members or knock them out on your own. (Free on iOS and Android)
3. Day One: A great way to keep any resolution is to journal through the process. This app lets you record your progress each day so you can watch yourself set and meet goals. By meeting daily goals, you’ll be well on your way to owning your resolution. ($4.99 on iOS)
6. Mint: If you’re trying to save dough in the coming year, this app can help. Connect your accounts to get detailed reports on where your money is going so you can spend smarter. (Free on iOS and Android)
7. GoalsonTrack: If your resolution seems huge and overwhelming, this app can help break down the overall goals into smaller, attainable chunks. Track how you’re doing daily to make serious progress toward any resolution. (Free on iOS and Android)
10. Sociidot: Feel like a fancy person and get yourself a life coach… in an app form. Go beyond a one-year resolution to set big, lifetime goals and meet them through small, attainable steps laid out for you within the app. (Free on iOS)
What’s your resolution this year? Which app will you choose to help you tackle it? Let us know in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.