Why You’ll Be Wearing This Grandma Trend Everywhere (+ Your Feet Will Love It)
Hold on to your hats: If the latest trends are any indication, it won’t be long before you’re taking shoe style cues from good ol’ granny. To say that we’re pumped is an understatement. Grandma heels, aka shoes with chunky heels that max out at kitten heel-height, are making a major comeback. Go ahead and give your towering platforms and stilettos a break by embracing the lower, wobble-proof heel this season. Available in a slew of throwback-styles-made-current (think: cap-toe slingbacks, suede mules and block heels galore), these 10 granny chic heels are guaranteed to add a little extra somethin’ somethin’ to your everyday outfits — without killing your feet.
3. Free People Vega Block Heels ($168): Any of-the-moment shoe that looks this DDG with jeans is good in our book. This versatile Mary Jane style can be worn to the office with cropped trousers and a bow blouse for a sophisticated yet playful after-hours-ready ensemble.
4. Charles & Keith Ribbon Detail Block Heel Sandals ($50): T-strap sandals get a flirty makeover with a bow embellishment that elevates these shoes into formal-friendly territory (think: spring weddings).
6. ASOS Tessa Lace Up Heeled Sandals ($52): Fact: It’s impossible to have a bad day when your steppers are this on point. Pull out your sparkliest party dress, ’cause these heels are practically red carpet-ready — and comfy to boot!
7. H&M Suede Pumps ($60): When sneakers are too casual and ballet flats feel too polished, a pair of no-nonsense slip-on heels will always do you right. Take this pair of black block heels that could easily be jazzed up with some metallic joggers or casual culottes.
8. Rachel Comey Calder Closed Toe Heel ($345): These leather ballerinas-turned-heels in disguise give off serious athleisure vibes (you could practically go jogging in these beauties). When in doubt, style them with a statement sweatshirt and mesh-paneled leggings for a sporty look that need not be confined to the gym.
10. LOÉIL Two-Tone Slingback Pumps ($68): These Chanel-esque, black and nude slingback pumps are begging to come home. Period. For the ultimate weekend look, don’t hesitate to wear them with a classic white button-down, dark wash skinnies and a bold red lip. A quilted cross-body bag may or may not be in order.