18 Green Dresses to Wear on St. Patrick’s Day (+ All Spring Long)
Whether you’re Irish or not, St. Patrick’s Day is the ultimate excuse to don head-to-toe green. Let’s face facts: Unless you want to get pinched and shunned by co-workers all day, NOT wearing green really isn’t even an option. But that doesn’t mean you have to resort to the same old cliché green Guinness t-shirt, playful shamrock headband and Mardi Gras beads. (Take note: With St. Patty’s Day falling on #ThirstyThursday this year, those should actually be best reserved for a late-night bar crawl or office happy hour). For those of you seeking more stylish ways to embrace your inner leprechaun, there’s no shortage of green dresses to snag now (and wear all season long). From an emerald green maxi that could hold its own at a springtime gala to the perfect minty-fresh day dress, we’ve compiled 18 statement-making green frocks that will leave you pinch-free on March 17.
1. Forever 21 Pleated Scuba Knit Dress ($35): Have swoon-inducing mint green dress, will find an excuse to wear it. From a St. Patrick’s Day potluck dinner to Easter weekend (and beyond), this scuba knit number is definitely worth a twirl. Psst: Just add some chandelier earrings and ivory heels for a spring wedding.
2. Reformation Diletta Dress ($98): Calling all girl bosses! This is the only green dress that you need in your life. Period. The form-fitting silhouette can be teamed with a silk bomber jacket and throwback mules for a street-inspired look that doesn’t mess around.
3. Susana Monaco Piper Dress ($189): Found it. After wearing this punchy LGD (little green dress) for St. Patty’s Day, you can wear it for spring break, and then re-wear it again for a garden party with an extra floppy straw hat.
4. Saylor Valencia Dress ($286): Ditch the rowdy St. Patty’s Day crowds for some one-on-one time with bae. First things first: Invest in this ultra-romantic lace dress that will make everyone turn green with envy. Throw some flirty ghillies into the equation, and it’s a done deal.
5. Cupcakes and Cashmere Connie Printed Dress ($115): This easy-breezy, leaf-green printed dress is giving us a serious case of spring fever. Just think how ah-mazing it’ll look paired with some white canvas sneakers for an effortless St. Patty’s Day look — assuming that balmy temps and clear blue skies are in the forecast.
6. H&M Dress With Fringe ($50): When your “Kiss me, I’m Irish” tee is no longer cutting it, this Gatsby-inspired fringe dress is just the thing to rock on a wine-fueled night out with your squad. Go glam by finishing your look off with iridescent green eye shadow.
7. Front Row Shop Back Wrap Dress ($53): Put your Irish heritage front and center by donning this green t-shirt wrap dress that demands attention. Find some shamrock studs or a green striped scarf, and you’ll be in business.
8. Banana Republic Short-Sleeve Flounce Dress ($138): See ya later, shamrock green — bright celery green is way more exciting. Enter the versatile chartreuse dress that will make you stand out from the crowd, whether you style it for the boardroom with a power blazer or keep things on the DL with your go-to field jacket.
9. Forever 21 Lace-Up Back Dress ($33): There’s something to be said for an olive-colored dress that’s totally unexpected, yet still DDG at the same time. This after hours-approved number with a fierce lace-up back is just the thing for a St. Patrick’s date-night function.
10. COS Pleated Raw-Cut Dress ($115): When low necklines and flashy sequins are a no-go with HR, try this forest green collared dress on for size. Take it from desk to drinks by swapping out your sensible flats for a pair of stilettos and opting for a sultry red lip.
11. H&M Off-the-Shoulder Dress ($25): As you anxiously await the first day of spring, this off-the-shoulder dress in an uplifting shade of pastel green will have to do. Not only does it scream St. Patty’s Day fun (those ruffles!), but you can also channel serious music festival vibes by sporting it alongside a denim jacket and some fringed booties.
12. Topshop Stripe Shirt Dress ($105): Reminiscent of your favorite thin mint cookies, this bold green striped dress is right on trend for spring (and a certain green holiday!). For a one-and-done look, skip the accessories in favor of some gladiator sandals or free-wheelin’ slides.
13. Missguided Crepe Bandeau Wrap Bodycon Dress ($60): Proof that not all shades of green are created equal, this mint bodycon dress is guaranteed to turn some heads. We can’t decide what we love more: the plunging bandeau neckline or the peekaboo lace hem. Or the fact that you could add some Tinkerbell-esque wings come Halloween.
14. ONE by Contrarian Babs Bibb Maxi Dress ($425): As if there was any doubt, you will straight-up stun in this red carpet-worthy emerald maxi that’s perfect for the hostess with the mostess. Keep it handy for all those spring weddings on your calendar.
15. Plenty by Tracy Reese Seaglass Swing Dress ($198): Pleats, please! Get ready for this enchanting green swing dress to put you in a St. Patty’s holidaze (no boozy cocktails even required). Whether you’re actually excited for the Irish tradition of wearing green or are just pumped to finally be leaving your winter layers behind, this dress is a win-win.
16. & Other Stories Embroidered V-Neck Dress ($195): Make the most of the Irish holiday by preparing an entire weekend’s worth of green-themed looks. For a fancier outing, this mesmerizing dark green dress will fit the bill (and keep the compliments coming all night). Team it with a hands-free satchel and cage heels for a stunning look that will get you noticed on the dance floor.
17. Out from Under Mixed Maxi Slip ($59): Comfort is luxury, people! On any given day of the week, an easy-going slip dress will always do you right. This slinky maxi in a pretty muted green flaunts an open back and well-placed cutouts that can be admired up close and from afar. #Winning
18. Pixie Market Green Floral Bell Sleeve Dress ($102): Spring is in the air… well, according to this green floral frock, anyway. If the babydoll silhouette and bell sleeves don’t put you in a spring state of mind, then we don’t know what will. Pro tip: Combat too-chilly March temps by slipping on some black suede OTK boots.
What will you be wearing on St. Patrick’s Day? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful style inspo.