There’s nothing better than firing up the grill to cook your meals all summer. And when you have the right tools, you’ll be able to go beyond simple hamburgers and hotdogs and venture to grilled peaches and even pizzas. These 14 gadgets make cooking outdoors so easy, you won’t want to turn on your stove all season.
1. Brookstone Motorized Steam Cleaning Grill Brush ($40): You’ve got to clean your grill properly before you start cooking. It’s an easy task when you have this motorized, steam-cleaning brush on hand.
2. Sur La Table Stainless Steel Corn Grilling Rack ($12): Grilled corn is one of the tastiest ways to eat your veggies. Stop the cobs from rolling around willy-nilly with this stainless steel corn grilling rack.
3. Weber® Pizza Stone Grilling Insert ($35): The grill makes even better pizza than your oven. Just get a pizza stone to ensure even heating (and so you don’t have to worry about anything slipping through the grill grates).
4. GrillHogs Flat BBQ Skewers ($20): Hot dogs, veggies, and other foods can be hard to manage when they’re on round skewers. These flat versions solve that problem, so your food doesn’t rotate when you try to move it around on the grill.
5. Cuisinart Sauce Pot and Basting Brush Set ($14): Keep your barbecue sauce at the ready with this handy pot. It gives you a place to put your basting brush, so it doesn’t get sticky sauce all over everything.
6. Grace Kitchenwares Silicone Cooking Gloves and Meat Shredder ($17): Making perfect pulled pork and smoked brisket is easy when you have the right tools. Protect your hands from the heat with the one-two punch of these silicone gloves and handy plastic bear claw meat shredders.
7. Camerons Himalayan Salt Block ($18): Grill chicken, fish, and other meats top this slab of Himalayan pink salt. It adds a subtle, salty flavor to your food.
8. PeterIvan Non-Stick Grill Mat ($9): Use these non-stick grill mats to keep your grates clean — they’re also great for grilling foods like fish, which have a tendency to stick.
9. Williams-Sonoma Non-stick Grill Fry Pan ($32): Sautee veggies, shrimp, and even pasta in this non-stick frying pan. It’s perforated with little holes so your food still takes on that irresistible grill flavor.
10. Cuisinart Taco Grilling Rack ($15): Give your tacos some extra flavor with this taco grilling rack.
11. Cuisinart® 3-Pack Grilling Smoking Cups ($10): Take the hassle out of smoking meat with these pre-filled hickory, mesquite, or apple wood cups. All you have to do is remove the sticker and fit them under your grill grate, where they heat up and slowly smoke your foods.
12. Cuisinart Wireless Grill Thermometer ($32): Track the temperature of your grill and of your food with this wireless probe thermometer. It has a built in timer too, for added convenience.
13. Chef Buddy LED Barbecue Light ($28): Attach this light to your grill so you can cook late into the night. It has a flexible neck, so you’ll never lose a hot dog or shrimp in the darkest corner of your grill.
14. Uncommon Goods Flavor Infusing Grilling Wraps ($10): Made from cedar and alder wood, these grilling wraps infuse your foods with aromatic flavor.
To keep up with the latest cooking trends and gadgets, follow us on Pinterest.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.