14 Spooky Halloween Candles to DIY
It’s no secret that we are VERY excited for Halloween next month. If you find yourself asking, “Is it too early to break out the decorations yet?” we’re here to tell you that of course it’s not! If you’re looking for simple yet impactful accent you can keep throughout all of your celebrations, candles are a great go-to for decor that is eerie without being too gruesome or kitschy. Keep scrolling for 14 fabulous ways to use candles this Halloween season.
5. Raven Wall: We absolutely love how this blogger took a simple cluster of white candles and enhanced them with very eerie but chic wall decor. This would look extra festive with some spiderwebs woven through the branches. (via The Fun Lane)
6. DIY Skull Candle Holder: Plastic skeletons are aplenty this time of year. Get creative by glueing a few together and painting them a solid color to create a fantastic candle holder you’ll want to use for many Halloweens to come. (via Endlessly Inspired)
7. DIY Packing Tape Transfer Votives: If you have access to a laser printer, make a few of these DIY candle votives using printed images and packing tape for brightly lit decor to use throughout your space. (via How About Orange)
8. Hocus Pocus-Inspired: We think the Sanderson sisters would definitely appreciate these spooky candles. With a heat gun and some cool images, you’ll be able to crank out a whole bunch of these. (via Apartment Therapy)
10. DIY Ghost Candles: This is quite possibly the easiest Halloween DIY ever. All you need are a couple of candles and a sharpie to create these super simple “ghosts.” We think they’d look great in a kitchen window. (via Thoughtfully Simple)
14. DIY Lace Votives: To whip up these beauties, just grab a yard of black lace trim, glue it around a votive and light it up. These cast some pretty incredible shadows when it’s dark. (via Big Ang Official)
How are you decorating for Halloween this year? Let us know in the comments!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!