19 Spooktacular Halloween Treats (That Aren’t Candy)
There’s nothing like Halloween to bring out the thrill-seeker in all of us. You’ve gotta *HEART* a holiday that gets everyone’s adrenaline pumping with scary costumes, frightening makeup and haunting desserts. But if the most horrifying thing about Halloween to you is the thought of filling little treat bags (and little tummies) with a monster load of sugary candy, we’ve got your back. Here are 19 healthier Halloween treats that will delight all the kids, young and old.
3. Silly Apple Bites: Expect a fit of the giggles when you break out these monster apple bites. It’s the googly eyes and crooked sunflower-seed “teeth” that get kids laughing every time. (via Fork and Beans)
5. Bat Energy Bites: Edible eyeballs and broken tortilla chip *wings* make these chocolate energy bites so festive. Bonus: The salt in the tortilla chips pairs so well with the chocolate bites. Salt and sweet for the win! (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
6. Tangerine Pumpkins & Banana Ghosts: This one’s for the little ones with food allergies in the house. If carob chips aren’t allowed, you can sub raisins or blueberries for the eyes. (via Flo & Grace)
8. Colorful Vegetable Skeleton: Have you seen the creepy meat skeleton making the rounds on Pinterest? This one’s built along the same concept, but not so gruesome. Kid’s will love dunking the veggie *bones* in dip. (via The Kitchn)
9. Raw Witches Fingers: These yummy treats are gluten-, egg- and dairy-free, with zero refined sugar. But the taste is absolutely irresistible, thanks to three kinds of nuts, dates and cacao powder. (via Fork and Beans)
12. Apple Sunbutter Teeth Bites: There’s nothing like an apple-slice mouth, stuffed with crooked sunflower-seed teeth and a slick strawberry “tongue” to celebrate the most ghoulish holiday of the year. They’re just creepy enough, without being scary — so perfect for little ones. (via Fork and Beans)
13. Bat Halloween Treats: Here’s another “school-safe” prepackaged treat that’s full of spooky spirit. Kids will love them because they’re chocolate pudding. Parents will love them because all the ingredients are right up front on the label. (via The Melrose Family)
14. Deathly Hallows Cheese Board: These little cheese-and-cracker spiders with pretzel *legs* will delight kids, young and old. Savory treats make a welcome change on this sweetest of sugar holidays. (via Half Baked Harvest)
15. Paleo and Vegan Witch Finger Cookies: It wouldn’t be Halloween without some witch finger cookies. This fave finger food just got a healthy makeover, so go right ahead and indulge. (via Food Faith Fitness)
18. Devilish Avocado Sriracha Deviled Eggs: These mayo-free avocado deviled eggs are dressed up for Halloween with devilish bell pepper *horns.* They make fantastic snacks or appetizers to take to a party. (via Cookin Canuck)
If you love these healthier Halloween treats, follow us on Pinterest for more.
Social media is an amazing free marketing tool that didn't exist 15 years ago. Particularly with Instagram, you can use a few images and words to tell followers who you are in an instant. While we can't share *all* the things we covered in this week's Selfmade master session on social media and brand voice, as part of our collaboration with Office Depot we're sharing a few key takeaways.