19 Spooktacular Halloween Treats (That Aren’t Candy)
There’s nothing like Halloween to bring out the thrill-seeker in all of us. You’ve gotta *HEART* a holiday that gets everyone’s adrenaline pumping with scary costumes, frightening makeup and haunting desserts. But if the most horrifying thing about Halloween to you is the thought of filling little treat bags (and little tummies) with a monster load of sugary candy, we’ve got your back. Here are 19 healthier Halloween treats that will delight all the kids, young and old.
3. Silly Apple Bites: Expect a fit of the giggles when you break out these monster apple bites. It’s the googly eyes and crooked sunflower-seed “teeth” that get kids laughing every time. (via Fork and Beans)
5. Bat Energy Bites: Edible eyeballs and broken tortilla chip *wings* make these chocolate energy bites so festive. Bonus: The salt in the tortilla chips pairs so well with the chocolate bites. Salt and sweet for the win! (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
6. Tangerine Pumpkins & Banana Ghosts: This one’s for the little ones with food allergies in the house. If carob chips aren’t allowed, you can sub raisins or blueberries for the eyes. (via Flo & Grace)
8. Colorful Vegetable Skeleton: Have you seen the creepy meat skeleton making the rounds on Pinterest? This one’s built along the same concept, but not so gruesome. Kid’s will love dunking the veggie *bones* in dip. (via The Kitchn)
9. Raw Witches Fingers: These yummy treats are gluten-, egg- and dairy-free, with zero refined sugar. But the taste is absolutely irresistible, thanks to three kinds of nuts, dates and cacao powder. (via Fork and Beans)
12. Apple Sunbutter Teeth Bites: There’s nothing like an apple-slice mouth, stuffed with crooked sunflower-seed teeth and a slick strawberry “tongue” to celebrate the most ghoulish holiday of the year. They’re just creepy enough, without being scary — so perfect for little ones. (via Fork and Beans)
13. Bat Halloween Treats: Here’s another “school-safe” prepackaged treat that’s full of spooky spirit. Kids will love them because they’re chocolate pudding. Parents will love them because all the ingredients are right up front on the label. (via The Melrose Family)
14. Deathly Hallows Cheese Board: These little cheese-and-cracker spiders with pretzel *legs* will delight kids, young and old. Savory treats make a welcome change on this sweetest of sugar holidays. (via Half Baked Harvest)
15. Paleo and Vegan Witch Finger Cookies: It wouldn’t be Halloween without some witch finger cookies. This fave finger food just got a healthy makeover, so go right ahead and indulge. (via Food Faith Fitness)
18. Devilish Avocado Sriracha Deviled Eggs: These mayo-free avocado deviled eggs are dressed up for Halloween with devilish bell pepper *horns.* They make fantastic snacks or appetizers to take to a party. (via Cookin Canuck)
If you love these healthier Halloween treats, follow us on Pinterest for more.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.