Get Hand Lettering Inspo from These 12 Instagram Artists
Picking up a new creative hobby is never a bad idea. From paper mache to beat boxing, you can get lost in whatever you want to do. Think hand-lettering might be the thing for you? Since the 50 Days of Lettering Challenge just started (take the creativity challenge, what are you waiting for?!), we wanted to give you a little lettering inspo to get you going. Hand lettering is a creative process that doesn’t always end with your ideal product, BUT practice makes perfect. Take these 12 whimsical writers as prime examples.
1. @caseyligon: If you’re looking for someone who uses multiple different mediums, Casey has the perfect account. She uses everything from parsley to coffee grounds to create her beautiful hand lettering.
2. @jennetliaw: Jennet’s attention to detail in her pieces leaves you awe-inspired. Check out this account for some serious script.
3. @seanwes: This account is perfect for the perfectionists. Sean’s ideally aligned hand lettering will get you itching to practice your own!
4. @jeremyfriend: Jeremy’s slanted lettering is all you could ever want. His elegant strokes are enough inspiration to last you a lifetime.
5. @valeriemckeehan: Let’s talk chalk! This girl has some serious skill on the blackboard that will throw you back to your schoolyard days.
6. @inkscribbler: This account will bring out your inner ethereal goddess. Their blend of floral and lettering is sure to make them your muse.
7. @nevesman: The bigger and brighter, the better. This account will definitely get you inspired to write outside the box.
8. @christophercraig: From letters to illustrations to sayings, Christopher’s Micron pen never fails to make magic. This account is sure to spark some inspiration.
9. @noeltheartist: Bring out your inner explorer with this nature-inspired account. Noel has a knack for keeping things coin-sized with his hand lettered logos and illustrations.
10. @pistolpress_sf: When you’re looking for the ideal mix of lettering and photography, this account is for you. Adriana combines the two elements to make perfectly beautiful images!
11. @jenngietzen: This account follows all the colors of the rainbow! Jenn’s lettering is the perfect combination of color and sass.
12. @thirstyheartsdesign: Hand lettering on anything and everything? Yes, please! Angie puts her pen marks on everything from mugs to t-shirts!