Get Hand Lettering Inspo from These 12 Instagram Artists
Picking up a new creative hobby is never a bad idea. From paper mache to beat boxing, you can get lost in whatever you want to do. Think hand-lettering might be the thing for you? Since the 50 Days of Lettering Challenge just started (take the creativity challenge, what are you waiting for?!), we wanted to give you a little lettering inspo to get you going. Hand lettering is a creative process that doesn’t always end with your ideal product, BUT practice makes perfect. Take these 12 whimsical writers as prime examples.
1. @caseyligon: If you’re looking for someone who uses multiple different mediums, Casey has the perfect account. She uses everything from parsley to coffee grounds to create her beautiful hand lettering.
2. @jennetliaw: Jennet’s attention to detail in her pieces leaves you awe-inspired. Check out this account for some serious script.
3. @seanwes: This account is perfect for the perfectionists. Sean’s ideally aligned hand lettering will get you itching to practice your own!
4. @jeremyfriend: Jeremy’s slanted lettering is all you could ever want. His elegant strokes are enough inspiration to last you a lifetime.
5. @valeriemckeehan: Let’s talk chalk! This girl has some serious skill on the blackboard that will throw you back to your schoolyard days.
6. @inkscribbler: This account will bring out your inner ethereal goddess. Their blend of floral and lettering is sure to make them your muse.
7. @nevesman: The bigger and brighter, the better. This account will definitely get you inspired to write outside the box.
8. @christophercraig: From letters to illustrations to sayings, Christopher’s Micron pen never fails to make magic. This account is sure to spark some inspiration.
9. @noeltheartist: Bring out your inner explorer with this nature-inspired account. Noel has a knack for keeping things coin-sized with his hand lettered logos and illustrations.
10. @pistolpress_sf: When you’re looking for the ideal mix of lettering and photography, this account is for you. Adriana combines the two elements to make perfectly beautiful images!
11. @jenngietzen: This account follows all the colors of the rainbow! Jenn’s lettering is the perfect combination of color and sass.
12. @thirstyheartsdesign: Hand lettering on anything and everything? Yes, please! Angie puts her pen marks on everything from mugs to t-shirts!
Feeling inspired? Practice your own hand lettering by taking the 50 Days of Lettering Challenge. Even learn new skills through the daily creativity task by checking out our collection of online hand lettering classes including Calligraphy 101 and Calligraphy 201, Hand Lettering Basics and Brush Calligraphy.
Let us know how your hand lettering challenge is going by tagging @BritandCo on Instagram with the hashtag #50daysoflettering.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)