11 Vegetarian Recipes That Will Make You *Heart* Hearts of Palm
If you’ve never had the pleasure of munching on hearts of palm, chances are you’ve at least heard of them; you’ve actually probably skimmed right past them in the canned vegetable aisle at the grocers next to the marinated artichoke hearts and pickled beets. And now, we’re giving you a reason to snag a can for your next Meatless Monday dinner. With a crisp texture, these little white stalks are rich in potassium, fiber, iron, and several vitamins. They’re also incredibly versatile, sometimes lending themselves as replacements to fish and other meats for non-meat eaters. Here are 11 vegetarian-friendly recipes putting them to use.
1. Grapefruit Avocado Salad With Hearts of Palm: This salad tosses hearts of palm with juicy grapefruit, creamy avocado, chewy dried cranberries, and crunchy pecans for a texture-packed salad you’ll be hooked on instantly. (via Eating Bird Food)
5. Dill-Zucchini Pasta With Cannellini Beans, Hearts of Palm, and Feta: This nourishing low-carb meal brings refreshing dill to zucchini noodles, then tosses them with wholesome beans, hearts of palm, and tangy feta for a healthy dinner you’ll want to add to your weekly rotation. (via Inspiralized)
6. Hearts of Palm Vegan BBQ Sandwiches: We hate to say it, but jackfruit might have some serious competition, because these BBQ ‘wiches are piled high with saucy hearts of palm and they are EVERYTHING. (via Eating Bird Food)
7. Italian Hearts of Palm Salad: Whether you’re in need of lunch inspo or light dinner ideas, this Italian-inspired salad delivers with simple ingredients and a lip-smackin’ homespun red wine vinaigrette. (via Sue Bee Homemaker)
8. Hearts of Palm Street Tacos: The next time you decide to celebrate Taco Tuesday in the comfort of your own home, consider whipping up these bad boys stuffed with crispy hearts of palm, avocado, and a homemade finger-lickin’ sauce. (via Lemon Sugar)
9. Artichoke, Hearts of Palm, and Olive Flatbread Pizza: Planning a pizza night? Impress your family and friends with this pie that’s slathered with pesto and topped with spinach, garlicky Greek olives, marinated artichokes, and hearts of palm. (via The Gourmet RD)
10. Vegan Ceviche With Hearts of Palm: Salsa and dip need to take a back seat, because you’re going to want to scoop this vegan ceviche packed with hearts of palm, avocados, red onion, lime juice, and cilantro onto your chips from this day forth. (via Cadry’s Kitchen)
11. Vegan Tinga Bowl With Hearts of Palm, Chickpeas, and Spanish Rice: Say hello to your new fave bowl meal filled with tasty Spanish rice, leafy greens, and a healthy punch of protein. (via Vegan Richa)
Follow us on Pinterest for more Meatless Monday recipes.