17 Hearty Fiber-Filled Lunch Recipes to Keep You Full Until Dinner
There’s nothing worse than feeling famished at work mid-afternoon because you didn’t pack yourself a proper lunch. Your intentions are good — you even scored yourself a cool and stylish lunch box to transport your make-ahead lunches. But if you feel like something is missing from your midday meal, it’s probably fiber. High-fiber foods provide volume and take longer to digest, so you’ll feel satisfied until dinner and can easily avoid those urges to snack come the mid-afternoon slump. These 17 healthy and hearty fiber-packed lunches will give you all the inspo and motivation you need to keep brown-baggin’ it from Monday to Friday.
1. Pea and Lentil Salad With Kaffir Lime Rhubarb Dressing: Packed with peas and lentils, this salad is chock full of fiber. The addition of beets makes this salad an even greater powerhouse thanks to all that immune-boosting vitamin C. (via Viand)
2. Protein Power Wraps: Packed with protein and fiber, this is clearly the wrap of all wraps. It’s got everything going for it — it’s nutritious, flavorful and a cinch to make. Quinoa contains almost twice as much fiber as other grains, so this lunch will keep you completely satisfied until dinner. (via Unrefined RD)
3. Southwestern Chopped Salad in a Mason Jar: Beans, beans, the magical fruit; the more you eat, the… less you’ll have to worry about your fiber intake. This vegetarian salad is made up of so many healthy and colorful layers, you’ll be looking forward to lunch all morning long. (via Rachel Cooks)
4. Black Bean Mango Buckwheat Salad: This brightly flavored GF salad is a perfect way to refuel halfway throughout the day. The black beans will keep you feeling full and the buckwheat, which provides a healthy dose of energy, will put an extra bounce in your step. (via Veggie Primer)
5. Spicy Chickpea Salad Sandwich: Get creative with your fiber intake and build a flatbread sandwich you’ll crave daily. This beauty includes a spicy spread made of roasted chickpeas and other veggies, and is balanced with cool cucumbers and an earthy pesto mayo. (via Culinary Hill)
6. Avocado and Pea Smash: Everyone loves smashed avocado on toast, so why not up the nutrition and fiber content by adding peas? The addition of fresh lemon, garlic and parsley brightens up the flavors to make this spread a hard one to pass on. Slather it on toast or your fave multi-grain crackers. (via Be Good Organics)
7. Roasted Sweet Potato Quinoa Black Bean Salad: This salad has it all: roasted sweet potatoes, crisp bell peppers, a zingy dressing and a huge punch of fiber from the black beans and quinoa. Set some time aside on a Sunday afternoon and prep in advance to set yourself up for the entire week — you won’t get tired of this one. (via Well Plated)
8. Rainbow Chopped Superfood Salad: One thing that often deters people from making their own lunches is that it can be a tedious nightly task; that’s why you need this healthy fiber-filled chopped salad in your life. You can make it a week in advance and portion it out from Monday to Friday! (via The Girl on Bloor)
9. Curried Quinoa Pumpkin Vegan Collard Wraps: Being healthy can be *so* delicious, and these GF collard wraps prove it. These energizing gems are high in protein and fiber and low in carbs, so they won’t weigh you down. (via Avocado Pesto)
10. Warming Tomato and Lentil Stew: With chilly weather on its way, we’re all looking forward to digging into comfort food. Sadly, a lot of comfort food is heavy in carbs and cheese and can slow you down — not a wise lunch choice. This stew, however, is packed with protein and fiber, giving you a burst of energy to get through your day. (via Blissful Basil)
11. Roasted Chickpea Pitas With Miso Tahini Sauce: This recipe makes enough for four hearty pita halves, all stuffed to the brim, so you’ll be set from Monday to Thursday — on Friday, you can treat yo self. These pitas are full of swoon-worthy flavors and crispy roasted chickpeas, and are finished with a velvety miso tahini sauce. (via Sweet Cayenne)
12. Avocado Tuna BLTs: When it comes to packing a sandwich for lunch, there always seems to be a dilemma: delicious BLT or healthy tuna salad? Good news: You can smash ’em together. Get the best of both worlds with a plethora of protein and fiber. (via Goodie Godmother)
13. Mexican Quinoa Wraps: At some point during the week, we all crave a burrito filled with Mexican flavors. To satisfy that craving with a healthy spin, pack these Mexican-inspired quinoa wraps into your lunch. And get ready to show your co-workers how overrated takeout is. (via Contentedness Cooking)
14. Chickpea Salad Lettuce Cups: Chicken salad is a classic fave, but it’s gotten a mouth-watering vegetarian makeover in this recipe. To make things even healthier, the carbs have been kicked to the curb in favor of fresh and crispy lettuce cups. (via Homegrown Provisions)
15. Roasted Cauliflower and Quinoa Salad: Crispy, golden roasted cauliflower is the star in this stellar wrap — or salad, if you’d prefer! This recipe is complete with fiber-rich quinoa, so you can make a large batch in advance and be a wrap star all week. (via The Healthy Hunter)
16. Caribbean Jerk Chickpea Salad Sandwich: In case you haven’t already noticed, chickpeas make for amazing salads and sandwiches. You can take pretty much any meat-y classic and put a veg spin on it with chickpeas — like jerk chicken, for instance. You won’t miss the poultry in this genius concoction. (via The Hanging Spoon)
17. “Honey” Garlic Roasted Chickpeas Wrap: This wrap is incredibly filling, healthy and amazingly tasty. Crunchy “honey” garlic roasted chickpeas are the star, but the cauliflower rice comes in at a close second. This portable lunch is vegan-friendly and will have your colleagues begging for the recipe. (via Food Faith Fitness)
For more healthy + refreshing lunch inspo, follow us on Pinterest.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)