If chestnuts roasting on an open fire and steamy cups of cocoa are your idea of the perfect Christmas, kick off your holiday week right with a seriously relaxed dinner on Christmas Eve or Christmas (or both, for the ultimate lazy girls out there). Pull on your warmest flannel pajamas and your furriest slippers, mix yourself a festive cocktail and prepare to chill out in your kitchen. You won’t want to go anywhere once you check out these 11 ideas for a cozy holiday meal.
1. Shakshuka: Breakfast for dinner never looked better, and it definitely helps with the whole PJ vibe. These eggs cook in a bath of tomato sauce, so they’re super low maintenance. Serve with plenty of crusty bread. (via The Cooking Jar)
4. Smoky Three-Cheese Fondue With Toasted Garlic Butter Croissants: Nothing beats sitting around the fire… unless you’re sitting around the fire with ooey gooey cheese. The toasted garlic butter croissants add a special treat too. Just make this already. (via Half Baked Harvest)
5. Spicy Thai Curry Noodle Soup: This soup is instant gratification in a bowl. It only takes 15 minutes to whip up the deeply flavored broth, so you can spend more time sipping eggnog by the tree. (via Heather Christo)
6. Baked Chile Rellenos With Homemade Turkey Chorizo and Poblano Cream Sauce: Mexican fare is the perfect strategy for a cozy night in. This version keeps things light with turkey chorizo. (via Cooking for Keeps)
7. Baked Gnocchi With Bacon, Tomato and Mozzarella: This is another recipe that comes together in a flash, perfect for getting to bed before Santa arrives. It’s creamy, cheesy and super hearty. (via Simply Delicious)
10. Bourbon, Bacon and White Cheddar Mac and Cheese: This may be completely over the top, but isn’t that what holiday cooking is all about? This is the stuff that Christmas dreams are made of. (via Cooking With Cakes)
Do you have a game plan for Christmas Eve? Tag us on Instagram and tell us what you ate!