Enjoying a festive sip is a sure way to get into the spirit of the season. And these 20 holiday cocktails are certain to make your nights merry and bright. We’ve got quite the assortment of concoctions perfect for holiday parties and quiet nights cozied up by the fireplace or Christmas tree. Cheers!
1. Cranberry Orange Bourbon Cocktail: All the flavors shaken together here are certainly tempting, but we’re especially taken by the brandied cranberry garnish. Talk about a seasonally appropriate alternative to the usual cherries. (via The Little Epicurean)
2. Glögg: If Scandinavian Long Island iced tea meets mulled wine sounds good to you, well, you need a little Glögg in your life. Save the top shelf stuff for another time, because all the spices that go into this mix mask any unsavory elements. (via Hapa Nom)
3. Cinnamon Apple Whiskey Sour: No cloying, neon sour mix here. This sip’s sweetness comes naturally via apple cider, simple syrup and a cinnamon-sugar rim. The wreath-like apple slice floating on top and sprig of rosemary is just an added bonus. (via She Eats)
4. Brandy Old Fashioned: Mix up a batch of brandy old fashioneds as a sweeter alternative to the usual whiskey-based cocktails. (And if you love those glasses, we have a another gilded suggestion that you’re sure to adore.) (via House of Hipsters)
5. Frosted Gingerbread Martini: Don’t those gingerbread boys look like they’re up to no good? Featuring four parts of well-balanced booziness to one part cream, shake up one of these martinis and you just may join them. (via The Glitter Guide)
6. Charred Lemon Rosemary Sparkler: Together, rosemary and gin are quire the recipe for a festive concoction. You’ll love how caramelizing the lemons lends each sip a richer, sweeter flavor. It’s the perfect punch to satisfy a thirsty crowd. (via Serious eats)
8. Evergreen Swizzle: It may take you some time to gather up all the specialty spirits required, but it really doesn’t get much more Christmassy than this cocktail. It features gin, pine liqueur and a handful of other well-thought-out additions and we highly recommend sipping on this while you trim the tree. (via Tempered Spirits)
10. Divination: This green tea martini may not offer a glimpse at what’s to come in the year ahead (despite the name), but it’s still a terrific antioxidant-infused way to ring in the new year. (via One Martini)
11. Pimms Cocktail With Blackberries, Plums and Rosemary: Rosemary enhances the herbal notes of gin-based Pimm’s, transforming it from a spirit more suited for a summertime picnic to a winter-ready quaff. (via Audrey’s)
13. Cranberry Bourbon Negroni: Turn the typical negroni on its head with this concoction. Bourbon replaces gin, and a splash of cranberry soda gets thrown in. The latter creates a seasonal spin that tempers the trademark bitterness of ruby red Campari juuuust enough. (via Climbing Grier Mountain)
16. Hot Buttered Rum: This classic couldn’t be easier. The butter, sugar and spice mix keeps well for ages (and can even be spread on your morning toast). Just stir it together with a shot of hot rum when you’re ready for a little indulgence. (via I’m Bored, Let’s Go)
18. Ginger Whiskey Sour: The homemade syrup seriously makes this cocktail. Simmer up a batch of the ginger-infused simple syrup and stash it in your fridge; you’ll be well-prepared for any impromptu entertaining. (via Lynsey Loves Food)
20. Slow Cooker Spiced Wine: Have you heard? There’s a hot new trend in holiday cocktails this year: slow cooker sips. This spiced wine sure knows how to take the chill out of your bones. (via The Law Student’s Wife)
What spirits do you plan to mix up as you mingle this holiday season? Share you cocktail choices with us in the comments below.