No Time to Cook? 12 Places That Will Deliver Your Holiday Meal
Did you volunteer to host a holiday dinner party but haven’t used your oven in ages? Need to impress after last year’s sweet potato disaster at Friendsgiving? Or do you just want to send a holiday meal to family who can’t make it to your Thanksgiving dinner? No sweat. There’s no need to set off the smoke alarm, wrangle with the grocery store mob or worry about crafting perfectly whipped mashed potatoes fit for Aunt Nancy this holiday season. Thanks to these delicious mail-order meal saviors, you can have a holiday dinner on the table with just a few clicks.
1. Artiko Chef: For those who’d rather plan than cook dinner, get on over to Artiko Chef, where you can create a custom gourmet meal with the click of a button. Select from ribeye steaks, wild salmon, bacon wrapped scallops, apple tarts and pecan pie, and have your meal delivered piping hot and right to your doorstep.
2. Citarella: Go gourmet and get take-out from Citarella this holiday season. Celebrate with fresh seafood, organic roasted turkeys and geese, smoked spiral hams and decadent sides like pumpkin bisque, porcini risotto and wild rice stuffing. Don’t pass up on dessert; everything is made from scratch, from the cheesecakes to the pear frangipane tart. (via Michael Just)
3. FoodyDirect: If you’re a foodie, then pulling up FoodyDirect’s website is like turning a kid loose in a candy store. Getting their fresh foods delivered right to you is easy, but good luck deciding between the sour cream apple pie or the cherry crumb pie.
5. Mackenzie Limited: Holidays are stressful enough without worrying if the turkey will be done on time or if the ham is too dry. Leave the cooking up to these guys and rest assured that it’ll come out perfect every time.
6. Made from Scratch: If a dinner for 10 has you panicking, stop right there and check out Made from Scratch’s online delivery menu, where you can find a selection of deliciously crafted entrees, sides and desserts.
7. Plated: Do you love to cook, but can’t find time to get to the grocery store? Say hello to your new BFF, Plated. They’ll send you all the ingredients you need, plus the recipes; all you have to do is put it together. (via Refinery 29)
8. Plum Vegan: So you just realized that most of your guests are vegetarians, and you have no clue what to cook for them? Turn to Plum Vegan for some straight-up vegan goodness. No Tofurkey here; we’re talking about pumpkin mac and “cheese,” mushroom and sun-dried tomato risotto, seitan roulade with chestnut stuffing and cran-chestnut pumpkin vegan sausage stuffing… seriously good stuff.
9. Russ and Daughters: Whether you’re the hostess with the mostess for Hanukkah, Thanksgiving, New Years or Yom Kippur, Russ and Daughters has just the right meal, ready to prepare and deliver to you. (via Martha Stewart)
10. Williams-Sonoma: Whether you need just one dish to bring to a potluck or the whole dang dinner, Williams-Sonoma has you covered. Make your list and check it twice as you select from entrees, appetizers, desserts or complete menus.
11. Whole Foods Market: Yes, it’s more than just a grocery store; Whole Foods can deliver catered dinners, too. Need a fully dressed organic turkey? You got it. Searching for a roasted leg of lamb for four? No sweat. Select from some pretty amazing sides and apps, too.
Would you order your holiday feast from one of these restaurants? What are your Turkey Day takeout traditions? Dish ’em out in the comments below.