There’s a lot to love about the holiday season (we’re looking at you, holiday gifts, twinkle lights and spiked eggnog). But one thing’s certain: Holiday time calls for days spent in your coziest pajamas and parked in front of the television to take in some truly epic holiday movie binge watching. A little Elf, Home Alone and Love Actually action, anyone? One thing we’ve noticed over the years is that holiday movie leading ladies really bring it with major winter style #goals. And even though the holiday flicks aren’t really about the clothes, there have been some major style standouts. Scroll below for our ranking of the top 10 most stylish holiday movie and TV characters around.
10. Lucy in A Charlie Brown Christmas: Sure Charlie Brown was the star of the show. But Lucy and her #girlboss wardrobe full of shift dresses, statement hats and classic shoes deserve some love! That yellow peacoat and red beanie alone earn her a spot in the style top 10. (Photo via United Feature Syndicate)
9. Anna Kendrick in Happy Christmas: If you don’t already follow Ms. Kendrick on Twitter, do yourself a favor and check out her profile; she’s a riot. Well in this film, she’s actually a bit of a hot mess. But her girl-next-door look was all kinds of on point. We’re talking flannel shirts, white-collar skater dresses and a slew of cute coats. So cozy and cool. (Photo via Lucky Coffee Productions)
8. Mo’nique in Almost Christmas: This is a new one for 2016. It looks hilariously relatable thanks to some good old holiday family drama. And we’re already obsessing over Mo’nique’s oversized sunnies, sparkly earrings and poncho sweaters. (Photo via Universal Pictures)
7. Sarah Jessica Parker in The Family Stone: We get that S.J.P. is supposed to be all uptight and unlikeable in this movie. But her polished look really won us over. The tight ballet bun, endless silk blouses and structured blazers all earned her some major style points in our book.(Photo via 20th Century Fox)
6. Keira Knightley in Love Actually: Keira Knightley may have been caught up in an accidental love triangle in Love Actually, but we were caught up with her gorgeous style. Who could forget her etherial wedding gown, angelic white sweaters and baker boy hats?! (Photo via Universal)
5. Catherine O’Hara in Home Alone 2: Kate McCallister really stepped up her style game in the second Home Alone movie. As her family travels to Miami the one thing Mrs. McCallister didn’t forget was an epic array of scarf and coat combos that were nothing short of chic. Plus her gold blingin’ earrings seriously upped the ante. (Photo via Fox Home Entertainment)
4. Jennifer Hudson in the Sex and the City Movie: So this wasn’t really a holiday movie but that moment when SJP gives JH her own Louis Viton bag for Christmas gives us all the feels. (Photo via HBO)
3. Donna Reed in It’s a Wonderful Life: When it comes to holiday movie marathons, It’s a Wonderful Life is always at the top of our list — and for good reason. Donna Reed is simply stunning. She looks amazing with her perfectly pinned hair, lace overlay dress and pearls that make us swoon. (Photo via Paramount)
2. Maureen O’Hara in Miracle on 34th Street: We’re kicking it way back to 1947 for a moment to pay homage to O’Hara’s classic New York style. Move over, Kris Kringle. O’Hara steals the style show with her signature black dress and pearls, boxy military style coats and an unforgettable fedora. (Photo via Twentieth Century Fox)
1. Cameron Diaz in The Holiday: There’s so much to love about this charming holiday flick: the British countryside, Jude Law and super impressive set design. But we must say that Cameron Diaz’s outfits really take the cake. Amanda Woods secures the number one spot on the list for her black and white “you look like my Barbie” dress, Christian Dior shearling coat and for walking through the snow and ice in those heels! (Photo via Sony Pictures)
What are some of your favorite must-watch holiday movies? Check out our style inspo on Pinterest.