We’re going to let you in on a little secret today—making homemade pasta is shockingly easy to make. It takes a little bit of time (get ready to love your rolling pin if you don’t have a pasta maker), but the result is completely worth the wait. Here are 12 of our favorite recipes—tell us which one you’ll be trying in the comments!
1. Spinach and Beet Pasta: For an extra pretty pasta, make these spinach and beet pasta recipes. The colors are vibrant, and they taste even better than they look. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. Homemade Farfalle: Who says you have to have a pasta maker? Make this farfalle by cutting your dough into rectangles and pinching the middles. (via Twigg Studios)
3. Egg Noodle Rigatoni: While most pasta has eggs, egg-based pasta has more eggs than most. The rigatoni shape is made with an attachment to your stand mixer. (via Dine and Dish)
4. Buckwheat Pasta: Try something different with this healthy pasta recipe. The buckwheat flour gives it heartier taste. (via Turntable Kitchen)
5. Cavatelli: Another recipe that doesn’t require a pasta maker, these noodles are made by cutting small pieces with a flat blade. (via Domestic Fits)
6. Beet Ravioli: This beautiful red pasta is made even better by the fact that it’s filled with chèvre and covered in a blood orange, fennel butter sauce. Yum! (via Katie at the Kitchen Door)
7. Gnocchi: Making gnocchi is surprisingly easy, all it takes is potatoes, a bit of flour, and an egg. (via 101 Cookbooks)
8. Homemade Pasta: This recipe doesn’t require a pasta maker either. Just be prepared to roll the dough as thin as you possibly can. (via Joy the Baker)
9. Tortellini from Scratch: Making tortellini is no more difficult than making ravioli once you get the shaping method down. (via TheKitchn)
10. Homemade Orecchiette: Orecchiette means little ears, and these mini pastas are made using your thumb. (via Bon Appetit)
11. Crab Ravioli: Combining ricotta and lump crab meat makes this filling delicious. We can’t wait to try this recipe. (via Gastronome Tart)
12. Veggie Lasagna with Homemade Noodles: For the ultimate take on homemade pasta, try your hand at making lasagna noodles. This veggie recipe is top of our list. (via Naturally Ella)
Have you ever made homemade pasta? Tell us how it went in the comments!