How to Cut and Style Your Own Hair During COVID for Better Hair Days ASAP
We're all having a hair moment as salons are faced with COVID restrictions and we're literally left to our own hair devices. Of course, you can support your stylist while they're navigating this frustrating time by ordering product and color from them or booking a house call (many will cut hair outdoors now). But there's still a lot you can do to take care of your tresses when salons are closed so you can face the world (with mask!) feeling and looking your best.
Here's our full-proof guide to cutting bangs and how to fake a haircut without a trip to the salon. If you're brave enough to cut your own locks or have a friend or S.O. to give you a much-needed trim, here are tools to make sure they have pro tools to get it right.
SHOP HAIR CUTTING TOOLS
Having a frizz issue? Here are 7 pro tips for getting back that pre-summer shine (hint: silk pillowcase = so long frizz!), tips for repairing dry hair, and hair hacks for curly hair. You can also use a pre-wash to remove hair residue while adding moisture to your locks (we love this Ayurvedic one below), a moisturizing hair masque and/or an anti-frizz leave-in treatment.
Master waves with a blow dryer or master a smooth blowout. And note: air-drying can cause more damage than blow-drying. because the hair strand can actually swell due to too much water exposure. Want to have a little fun? Make a headband using your own hair! #braids
SHOP STYLING TOOLS
- 12 Ways to Fake a Haircut Without a Trip to the Salon - Brit + Co ›
- 11 Ways to Style a Bob ('Cause You Probably Have One!) - Brit + Co ›
- 8 Time-Saving Hair Tips for Busy Moms - Brit + Co ›
- No Helmet Hair Here: 19 Hairstyles You Can Wear Under Your Bike ... ›
- 7 Tips to Make Sure You Love Your Next Haircut - Brit + Co ›
- Expert Tips for Finding Products, Tools + Styles That Work for *Your ... ›
- 17 Ways to Make a Headband With Your Own Hair - Brit + Co ›
- The Foolproof Guide to Cutting Your Own Bangs - Brit + Co ›
Theresa Gonzalez is a content creator based in San Francisco and the author of Sunday Sews. She's a lover of all things design and spends most of her days momming her little one Matilda.