11 Ways to Style a Bob (‘Cause You Probably Have One!)
Whether it’s a short blunt cut, asymmetrical or modeled after Beyoncé, chances are that at this very moment, your hair is cut into a bob. How’d we guess? Not only is the cropped cut currently the most worn celebrity hairstyle (and if you’re like us, they’re your number one source for hair inspo), but it’s also one of the easiest ways to refresh a longer style that for you has just fallen flat. And as you probably know, once it’s nipped to graze your shoulders and fall at your jaw, the bob is beyond easy to style. Don’t just take it from us — check out these 11 celeb-approved ways to switch up your bob.
1. Messy Curls: It mayyy seem a little funny, but in order to get perfectly undone curls, you have to actually set them perfectly. Roll ‘em up, pin ‘em, then get ready to shake the bounce out till they’re loose and tousled just like Karlie’s.
2. Rocker Pomp: Julianne Hough’s updo strikes the perfect balance between soft and romantic, yet still so edgy. The key to this look is texture — curl and back comb that pomp, and be sure to twist back both the top and bottom sections of your strands.
3. Soft Waves: These kinked waves *might* be our favorite way to style the bob — it’s just as effortless as it is polished and it’s pretty easy to get the Kristen Bell-approved look. Once you’ve combed out your waves, finish with a sea salt spray to keep it perfectly piecey.
7. Lazy Girl Tuck: There’s absolutely no shame in the lazy girl beauty game, especially when the bob is involved. Pull a Zosia Mamet and simply tuck the front section of hair behind your ear to switch up your part — done and out the door in one minute flat.
8. Pin Straight: When you’re straightening your bob paper thin, go with the glow like Rose Byrne and give those locks some love with a shine serum ($13) that will tame flyaways + leave your strands super silky.
10. Half Up Half Down: While thin French braids give Diane Kruger’s up-down ‘do a beachy vibe, it’s that just-curled loose section that brings the drama. It’s an A+ look for rocking a serious statement earring.
Which look are you Pinning to your “DIY Hairstyles” board right now? Tell us which celeb rocks the bob the best in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)