No Helmet Hair Here: 19 Hairstyles You Can Wear Under Your Bike Helmet
Stuck with a long, boring or gas-guzzling commute? It’s time to break out the good ol’ two-wheeler. Yup, we’re talking bikes: The ultimate way to get around, get fit, get fresh air and avoid that humdrum treadmill workout. One small issue that comes along with biking is messy, greasy helmet hair that can look not so professional once you arrive at work. But you shouldn’t have to trade fashion for function! That’s why we’ve rounded up 19 adorable and stylish looks for you to wear under your helmet. Now, as for picking out the best bike accessories and gear? We’ll leave that to you.
1. Bright Head Wrap ($13): If you’ve got short curls or can’t find a hair tie or bobby pin anywhere, try tying up your locks with a brightly colored head wrap. This one easily transitions from on the road to in the office.
2. Three Twisted Buns: The main reason why this hairstyle rocks our socks off? It’s best made with day-old or slightly dirty hair, which means it’s a cinch to put up in the morning sans shower. (via A Cup Of Jo)
3. Waterfall Crown Braid: If you’re not too keen on tying up your hair, this simple half-up/half-down style will keep flyaways out of your eyes and still look amazing after biking around town. (via Brit + Co)
9. Bobby Pin-Up: A faux hawk styled with bright bobby pins is a great way to keep natural hair from getting matted down under a helmet. You can even style your own pins for a pop of color. (via Refinery29)
10. Blunt Messy Lob: A lob is the ultimate biking hairstyle because it looks sweet and feminine with or without a helmet. Just make sure to bring along some dry shampoo to plump up strands with volume once you take your helmet off. (via Pop Haircut)
13. Sophisticated Knot: This simple, professional chignon easily transitions from bike to work to business meeting to happy hour. Now if only we had one comfortable outfit that did the same! (via Elle)
14. Looped Twist: Here, a wrapped side pony gets a cascading waterfall effect that screams effortless-chic. (via Kouture Kiss)
15. Messy Braided Bangs: Keep your bangs from blocking your view (and from getting sweaty) by braiding ’em up and away from your face. You can easily take them down once you get to your destination, or leave them be for a sophisticated half-up ‘do. (via Brit + Co)
What ‘do do you rock under your bike helmet? Share below!
- How to Cut and Style Your Own Hair for Better Hair Days ASAP ›
- 10 Ways to Fake a Haircut Without a Trip to the Salon - Brit + Co ›
- 9 Easy Hair Hacks for Your Lazy Easter Sunday - Brit + Co ›
- Update Your Bike With This Fabric Hack - Brit + Co ›
- How to Cut and Style Your Own Hair for Better Hair Days - Brit + Co ›